Kubota RTV900 Fluid Change Question

/ Kubota RTV900 Fluid Change Question #1  

JohnnyMX

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5200
I'm doing a fluid change for the first time. The engine oil is no issue. I have the two filters for the transmission and 2.5 gallon jug of the super UDT2 (whatever Kubota recommended). I see how to drain the transmission and see there is a breather plug that can be used to re-fill. What if anything has to be done with the other tank that sits at the far rear that has its own drain and fill cap?? What is that? Is that just for the auxillary hydraulics (dump bed, plow angle, etc.). I thought it was all connected to the same master tank, but now I'm not sure if I need to drain and fill that as well. Don't have the manual (I know I should get one)

/ Kubota RTV900 Fluid Change Question #2  
Check your owners manual. I believe there are seprate change intervals both each of them. Not sure why, because my understanding is the same as your that it's all one pool of fluid anyway.

/ Kubota RTV900 Fluid Change Question #3  
The hydraulic dump bed and accessories hydraulics has it's own pump, filter and reservoir tank. Completely separate from engine and trans. The front axle hubs also are oil filled. If you don't have a good manual let me know. I'm attaching an owner's manual. If it doesn't open for you, give me your email address and I'll send it that way. I also have a Work Shop Manual electronically but I know it won't attach here on TBN.

Attachments

• RTV900 Operator's Manual.pdf
    5.7 MB · Views: 85
   / Kubota RTV900 Fluid Change Question
The hydraulic dump bed and accessories hydraulics has it's own pump, filter and reservoir tank. Completely separate from engine and trans. The front axle hubs also are oil filled. If you don't have a good manual let me know. I'm attaching an owner's manual. If it doesn't open for you, give me your email address and I'll send it that way. I also have a Work Shop Manual electronically but I know it won't attach here on TBN.
The manual you attached above opened just fine. I will send you an email if you don't mind sending the Shop manual.

/ Kubota RTV900 Fluid Change Question #5  
The manual you attached above opened just fine. I will send you an email if you don't mind sending the Shop manual.
Trying to upload it now. It's hefty and today my Internet is slow.

/ Kubota RTV900 Fluid Change Question #6  
Says it went. Let me know if not. :)

/ Kubota RTV900 Fluid Change Question
Both the engine oil and transmission oil changes are done. The rear filter on the machine was very loose. It just came off with almost no pressure from my hand. The rear skid plate that covers it was held on by 4 13mm bolts and apparently two T30 screws. Those T30's weren't going anywhere so I had to just pull the plate down to complete the change last night. Time so soak them in PB Blaster. One of them may be more of an allen screw at this point :(

Thanks again for the manual(s) ovrszd