Kubota parts and supplies are RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE

/ Kubota parts and supplies are RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE #41  
I think I would of been looking at a electric fan.

I am with Leejohn. If the plastic fan is $40+ then I would say hello to a puller electric and automatic thermal sensor from:

RockAuto

The king of car-parts price killing. The setup would be less than that fan and no engine drag!

For the record: WIX makes filters for EVERYONE so its hard to tell what you are getting.

/ Kubota parts and supplies are RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE #42  
I am with Leejohn. If the plastic fan is $40+ then I would say hello to a puller electric and automatic thermal sensor from:

RockAuto

The king of car-parts price killing. The setup would be less than that fan and no engine drag!

For the record: WIX makes filters for EVERYONE so its hard to tell what you are getting.

I disagree in regards to the fan. Mechanical fans are the most dependable source for cooling. Too many chances for failure converting to electric. The HP used to pull the fan is irrelevant. Still gonna need the belt circuit to drive whatever else is on it, i.e., water pump, etc.

/ Kubota parts and supplies are RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE #43  
It’s not as straightforward as slapping an electric fan on. You’ve still got to fix the fan belt and get an electric power supply. Your savings is rapidly fading.

/ Kubota parts and supplies are RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE
An electric fan is just not an option (for me)on a tractor with 15 hours on it. I can just hear the service manager when I bring it in for a warranty problem. “Oh, I see, THATS THE PROBLEM.” I don’t need that hassle. Thanks.

/ Kubota parts and supplies are RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE #45  
An electric fan is just not an option (for me)on a tractor with 15 hours on it. I can just hear the service manager when I bring it in for a warranty problem. 徹h, I see, THATS THE PROBLEM. I don稚 need that hassle. Thanks.

I agree. Replace the fan and become aware of it's weaknesses. I broke mine with a rebel sprout!!!! Pic shows sheared fan and replacement. :(

20140515_173253.jpeg

You did a much better job on your fan than I did. Yours is probably still balanced.

/ Kubota parts and supplies are RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE #47  
TBone, I'd recommend you put a shield under you tractor so the same thing does not happen to you new fan. And after you get the new fan installed you'll agree, if you don't now! They're available after market.

/ Kubota parts and supplies are RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE #48  
You guys comparing fans.... mine overheated.

Kubosta L305DT 011.JPG

/ Kubota parts and supplies are RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE #49  
Grab the wifes hair dryer, that'll straighten right out.

I believe OEMS for the most part have come in line with filter pricing when there is after market competition. So, for the (hopefully) high quality filter with the proper level of filtration, buying OEM (for me) is a no-brainer.

My Steiner dealer sells reasonably priced "junk" filters and OEM Kubota Filters at four times what the Kubota Dealer charges!

You aint seen nothing for gouging, until you get into turf care!

And, I certainly would not be modifying the cooling system on a new tractor.

I don't you suppose you have a link or supplier for the shield? I've got the new fan on and would hate for it to happen again. Thanks.