Kubota G1900 no start or shut off with key.

/ Kubota G1900 no start or shut off with key. #1  

Ggg6

Tractor
Kubota
I have read several threads on this general topic (no start), but have yet to find my solution.
I have a G1900 that will not start or shut off with the key.
A year or two ago it started with an intermittent no start issue. If I jump the start relay it will crank and start every time. This slowly became the only way to start it. I replaced the ign. switch to no avail. I’ve moved every pedal and pto lever, no help. This year it has begun to not shut off with the key. Now I have to push the fuel solenoid lever to get it to shut off. Since this no shut off condition started, I have to disconnect the battery to keep the battery from draining regardless of key position or even if it is in the ignition. It’s not a battery voltage related issue. Any help is appreciated.

/ Kubota G1900 no start or shut off with key. #2  
It sounds more like a connector issue than a switch issue. I'd start with the plug that attaches the ignition switch. Make sure the connector terminals fit securely onto the switch terminals. Ensure the wires are connected securely to the terminals in the plug. From there you could try tracking the wires to their respective destinations and check to be sure you don't have one or more broken or pinched wire.

/ Kubota G1900 no start or shut off with key. #3  
G'day Mate and welcome to TBN from Downunder.

Have you talked to people/mechanics at your dealership about this? I know that my dealership would... and they'd provide (no charge) associated wiring diagrams/schematics.

Enjoy the site... from wherever in the world you're from.

/ Kubota G1900 no start or shut off with key.
Thank you for the replies.
When I replaced the ign. switch I made sure of the connections being clean and tight, as well as a dab of dielectric grease.
As far as my dealer, they are not much help. The 登ld guy with experience has recently retired. He was a big help with other questions. The new younger mechanics just don稚 have the desire to help or experience to have knowledge. I知 the only customer they have that owns a g series mower so unless I bring it in they will not get any experience in the foreseen future.

/ Kubota G1900 no start or shut off with key. #5  
I had similar issues with our G5200H. No crank when I turned the key with a fully charged battery, and drained battery after it sat for a few days. Didn't have the failure to shut down, but maybe due to the mechanical fuel shut off lever on our machine - assuming your newer G has an electric fuel shut-off. My problem was caused by burned out starter winding. New starter motor for < $100 on eBay and all the problems solved. Not saying you have a bad starter, but I'd take a look just to rule it out.

/ Kubota G1900 no start or shut off with key. #6  
my gf 1800 had same problem replaced the controller it has a timer to control solenoid

/ Kubota G1900 no start or shut off with key. #7  
If the battery on my g1900 isn’t fully charged it won’t start. I installed a starter button and I only have to use it when the engine hasn’t been run for awhile. Saw a YouTube video that showed me how