Kubota B2710 hyd filter

/ Kubota B2710 hyd filter #1  

Anonymous Poster

My b2710 HST has 50 + hrs on it. Now I want to change my oil & filter and Hydraulic Trans. oil & filter.
It has 2 hydraulic/trans. filters. one on the left and right.
Are these the same ?
I'v seen part no. on the net #66021-36060 & #66021-36390 S
Some other Kubota model has: S , T , H. at the end of the part no. What do the letters mean? What Filter should I use on the left and right?

I'v also seen two Engine oil filter no. #16271-32090 & 16271-32092 is one a newer part or the same?
Also my dealer sells NH Tractors and said to use NH 134 Hydraulic Oil (Ford ESN-M2C134-D)it has a viscosity of an SAE 10W-30 Hydraulic oil.
I dont think he had the Kubota UDT in stock. And the NH oil was price less.
What should I used ? I'm new to this.
thanks for the help !

/ Kubota B2710 hyd filter #2  
H-Guest, I have an early B2710, so it only has the one hydraulic filter (on the left side) and the part number is 66021-3606-0 in the parts manual (for reasons unknown to me, they sometimes use the same number but omit the last hyphen); don't know anything about the letters you're talking about, nor the number for the other hydraulic filter, but guess that might be the number for the right side filter.

My engine oil filter is part number 16271-3209-2 in the manual, but again they omit the last hyphen on the box; and again, I don't know about any earlier or later numbers. And while I usually like to stay with the manual's recommendation for hydraulic oil (at least while the tractor is under warranty), I know of another Kubota dealer who uses a cheaper hydraulic oil and only uses UDT if a customer specifically requests it (and he doesn't even stock Super UDT - special order only). Personally, I doubt that it makes any difference, but just don't want to take the chance myself.

/ Kubota B2710 hyd filter #3  
H-Guest,

I can't speak for the B2710, but I have a B2410 and the two hydraulic filters are NOT the same. They are different part numbers and are different sizes slightly.

Kevin

/ Kubota B2710 hyd filter #4  
My personal opinion on the Kubota UDT or Super UDT is that it is marketing and any quality hydraulic oil that meets the specs would be just fine. The Kubota oil seems to be outrageously overpriced. That said, I still use Kubota oil even though my tractor is out of warranty. I have never had a problem with my engine or hydraulics and have over 750 hrs on it so why take the chance. If this is your 50 hr service, I would go with the Kubota stuff just in case you had a warranty issue in the future. If there is a problem finding it locally, Carvers will ship it to you. Just my silly thoughts.

MarkV

/ Kubota B2710 hyd filter #5  
H-Guest
Left hand filter is 66021-3606-0. This is the same filter on single filter systems.
Right hand filter is 67955-3771-0. This one is painted gray. It is made in Japan. Be prepared for sticker shock. /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif

The <font color=orange>Kubota</font color=orange> recommended oil for all B series tractors with HST is Super UDT.