Kubota 1140 CPX Overheating

/ Kubota 1140 CPX Overheating #11  
I'm a little bit disappointed that Kubota did not do a recall on this to alleviate this problem if there is a fix. Seems like way too many issues with these machines to be a coincidence. i had the dealer tell me what the issue was when I took it in for overheating but that there was not a permanent fix they knew of. Really stinks also because I could not sell the machine in good conscious without telling the prospective buyer of the problem.

/ Kubota 1140 CPX Overheating #12  
This is an old thread but I found a replacement motor that is a match except for the connector, but, that can be swapped easily. Cut and solder or splice connectors. It has Blue and Black cables just like the original in the same polarity.

I replaced the stock Mitsuba T4Y27 12v fan motor.

Using a TYC 630920 found on Amazon currently $34.54. It is a new motor spec'd for a Honda Civic.

It bolts directly in the Kubota fan shroud, and even though the tabs look evenly spaced, they are not, two are closer together so you may have to rotate it around to get all three to line up properly.

Hope this helps.

/ Kubota 1140 CPX Overheating #13  
I have been having the same problem with my RTV 1140 as the other posters on here--intermittent overheating. Last time it happened (temp gauge pegged to right, coolant boiling out), I noticed that the fan was NOT running. So I did what buckkoo did in his post-wired the pos fan lead to the pos pole of the battery, and grounded the negative lead to the frame. Only thing I did different was I put a toggle switch in the wire between the pos fan lead and the battery. So what I do now is leave the toggle off (so fan is off) till the Kubota gets up to operating temp (temp gauge in center), then I switch on the toggle which turns the fan on. I leave it in this position until I shut the machine down. So far, so good--no overheating. But I've only put a few miles on it since I've done this, so time will tell. It's somewhat of a PITA to have to toggle the fan on and off, but if it prevents the overheating, I can live with it. I post again after I have a few more hours on the machine and give some follow up.

/ Kubota 1140 CPX Overheating #14  
I realize this is an old post but I couldn't resist. I acquired an 1140 cox from my father-in-laws estate. We had it at the lake in paved roads for 3 years with no problems. As soon as I brought it to the farm the overheating began. I eventually took the thermostat out and in -10 weather it still gets up to temp fairly rapidly. I did discover after washing the radiator numerous times with only minor good results that cleaning it with coil cleaner made a sizeable improvement. After keeping it only on dirt roads for a month it is very apparent that even fine dust plugs the radiator. I am currently trying to find a more open core radiator to adapt to it. Great machine but made for a more urban setting.

/ Kubota 1140 CPX Overheating #15  
Does the fan have a shroud ?

A properly designed and installed shroud makes a big difference on how much air is moved thru the radiator.

From the internet:
Is the fan shroud needed?

Image result for does a fan shroud help with cooling

If you rely on a belt-driven fan for engine cooling, a fan shroud is a must to pull the air through the radiator. Without a shroud, air will take the path of least resistance, pulling air from over and under the radiator instead of through it.

/ Kubota 1140 CPX Overheating #16  
Yes it has a shroud but gets almost zero airflow. I clean the radiator and get nothing but fine dirt out of it. Once I do that it will cool fine but starts degrading in about a week. The radiator core is simply so tight that it plugs almost instantly.