Price Check Kioti CK 27HST or Bobcat CT225 Price on Wensdays

/ Kioti CK 27HST or Bobcat CT225 Price on Wensdays
The Deal is almost done. I will be taking delivery either today or Saturday. The local Bobcat dealer took me a lot more serious when I started to talk to him about the other brand's incentives, options and features. I think I started to sound more like an educated buyer rather than someone out fishing for a deal. Part of the deal was for me to meet the man in the service shop before I completed the deal. Nice guy and very impressed that someone would involve him in the purchase process. I asked him some questions about service while the sales manager went back to his office to do what they do.

I asked him about the 50hr service on the loader and he said if I skipped it I would in the short term save some money, but it was too risky in the long term. He said that the 50hr service wasn't in the program for him to make money, but that it had been shown over time to extend loader life. Ok so the mechanic's knowledgeable and pleasant.

So back to the sales office where Shawn and I closed a comfortable deal without the usual back and forth. I’m happy I got a great price and a good service connection.

The final deal was for a Bobcat CT122 with a box scraper. I just couldn’t see me driving over my lawns with the much heavier CT225 on the way to the barn. I am going to keep my two Honda 4518s for mowing the lawn and moving equipment around.

Next up are some quick attachments and a rototiller. Anyone have any experience with a rototiller on a CT122?

/ Kioti CK 27HST or Bobcat CT225 Price on Wensdays #12  
I absolutely love my Bobcat CT122!!! I bought it last fall as a leftover model for $12,000. It had 24hrs on the clock, but was technically new, so I was able to get full warranty and 0%. Even though the bobcat and the Kioti's are technically the same tractor, there are subtle differences between them. I personally think the Bobcats are slightly better. An example that comes to mind is the loader which is different, and the 3 point hitch adjustments. If you haven't, I would check them both out before deciding!

/ Kioti CK 27HST or Bobcat CT225 Price on Wensdays #13  
Congratulations on your purchase of the BC CT122!

I just saw your thread for the first time today, and you'd already made your purchase... I was glad to see you chose the smaller model over the CT225/CK27. Why? There are enough instances on TBN that relate how the CT225/CK27 feels underpowered for that size frame. (You may already know this, but the CT122/CK20S is about 1000 lbs smaller frame; Then there are three tractors that use that next size frame: the CT225/230/235. Same frame, bigger engine displacement).

To be fair, there are also folks who then respond and say that the CT225/CK27 has fine power for them. The fact that there are consistently folks going both ways on this topic makes me feel there might be something to it, and it will depend on your individual expectations and use (... Doesn't everything? :thumbsup: ).

If I'd have gotten here quickly enough, I could've told you there is another recent thread or two going one where several folks in different parts of the country have related ~$13,600 being a fairly consistent sale price for the Kioti CK20S (with free FEL) right now. Search Kioti threads if you wish to see. Of course, you know that the specific dealers within reach of you can make all the difference.

Best to you on your purchase and let us know what cool and exciting projects you do... pictures always appreciated!!! :thumbsup:
-Mitch

Last edited:
   / Kioti CK 27HST or Bobcat CT225 Price on Wensdays #14  
I just got the following quotes: CK27 gear $14,900, CK27HST $16,500

/ Kioti CK 27HST or Bobcat CT225 Price on Wensdays #15  
I just got the following quotes: CK27 gear $14,900, CK27HST $16,500

Not bad for the gear version, but the hst shouldn't be $1600 more, more like $900. Also, find out how much more for the CK30, I've heard as little as $700, which is well worth it. I really liked my CK30 HST, but it needed every one of it's hp.

/ Kioti CK 27HST or Bobcat CT225 Price on Wensdays #16  
Actually, the average cost difference for HST on the brands I have access to is around 1200 even more on some models, the rest of the difference could be based on invoice date as KIOTI had a price increase on tractors ordered after April 1st, so both prices look good. CK27 gear is no longer being offered by KIOTI as they reduce engine models to help with Tier IV compliance.