YANMAR 186D,MONTANA 4940C
Hi all
I am building a fifth wheel trailer and am having trouble finding
a source for the king pin for the hitch on the trailer.. Any help would
be great.
Thanks.
Billk

/ King pin for new fifth wheel trailer #2  
No clue on where to find one except maybe a NAPA, but I have a great tip on installing king pins.
As soon as you get the king pin put it in a deep freezer (or a freezer) and let it set until you put it in place (hopefully that'll be 24 hours or more later).
The cold draws up (shrinks) the king pin a tiny bit, and you'll appreciate that if you've ever installed a king pin.

/ King pin for new fifth wheel trailer #3  
The king pin that he is talking about is the one that holds the trailer to the tractor. The king pin that you are referring to are the ones that go in the front axles. Two entirely different things..
I would suggest that you contact a trailer manufacturer and see if they will sell you one. If not, try a salvage yard for trucks and see if you can buy a used one. I doubt that it is going to be a commonly obtainable part.

/ King pin for new fifth wheel trailer
Thank you
This is just what I was looking for
Billk

/ King pin for new fifth wheel trailer #6  
any machine shop should be able to build one, but i doubt it would be that cheap

/ King pin for new fifth wheel trailer #7  
I guess that reading old posts and breathing new life into them is useful sometimes.... The last time that I had done this, the post went on for weeks and many pages.... Glad that you are now able to find what you need. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif