John Deere Green Engine Paint

/ John Deere Green Engine Paint #1  
Tractor
Multiple JD, Kubota
Looking for a source for high temperature JD Green engine paint for restorations. The JD Factory green engine paints seem to be holding up quite well, but I'm not sure if the garden variety after market JD Greens from Rustoleum, Ace, etc are up to the temperature task.

/ John Deere Green Engine Paint #2  
There are no substitutes for genuine John Deere paint. Don't even go there and make that mistake. They all turn bluish color over time. Accept it or learn it the hard way. Your choice.

/ John Deere Green Engine Paint #3  
Have to agree with beenthere, I like the genuine Deere paint . Rattle cans from local Deere dealer cost very little more than our hardware brands around here

/ John Deere Green Engine Paint
Thank you kindly -- was going to have my automotive paint supplier Sherwin Williams mix up some based on the color, but really don't trust the fact most paints don't like high engine heat. The original JD greens on my green tractor engines are doing absolutely great -- two are 10 plus years old and in great shape, one is a 1966 (JD 2510) and its paint is darn good for its age.

I was surprised when the dealer told me Sherwin Williams owned John Deere paints, but Sherwin really gouges you on paint. I have an old JD 318 I'm restoring and hope to keep it close to factory quality -- and that obviously says stick with the original. I've done these engines in black but the greens seem to "pop" better........