John Deere D140 won’t move

/ John Deere D140 won’t move #11  
maybe a dumb question you did change the right belt yes? the trans axle belt is above the mower deck up in the frame, and generally requires the front engine pulley to be removed.

/ John Deere D140 won’t move #12  
The ground belt also has an idler pulley that might be flanged . Sometimes the plastic flange get worn down and the belt slips off and it just stops moving. Make sure it’s threaded properly.

/ John Deere D140 won’t move #13  
The old belt doesn’t look to bad. I jacked up the rear end and even with the manual move rod pushed in the rear wheels turn, one forward and the other backwards. Does that mean anything one way or the other? Sorry I’m not very knowledgeable on riding mowers
Try also just jacking up 1 side. Then turn the other tire. Repeat the other side. You're verifying that both wheel keys are in. It can be possible with no load IE both wheels in the air, that the wheel rolls w/o the key in place.

/ John Deere D140 won’t move
It is normal for rear tire to rotate opposite direction when they are off the ground.

Was there any unusual sounds when it stopped moving?

How far did you move the mower from where it stopped to where you replaced the belt?

Does it try to move in either direction?

Does that model have two idler pulleys that move when you press the clutch - brake pedal? If yes possibly double check the belt routing to confirm that it is routed properly and getting tight when clutch is released. This soeaking from experience in getting the belt on wrong but not wrong enough to smoke or squealing telling hey something is wrong…

Do you see any evidence of oil leaks anywhere on the transaxle?
There were no weird sounds. I jacked it up and the wheels would move both directions but not very well. The belt is on correctly and there are no signs of leaks. I’m afraid that the transaxle is bad and it will cost more then I paid for the tractor