Loader John Deere 110 TLB Loader Boom Piston Hoses

/ John Deere 110 TLB Loader Boom Piston Hoses #1  

V1BuzzBomb

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 110 TLB
I have hose chafing on my loader boom piston hoses, 2004 TLB. With awareness of JD redesigning and reorientating these hoses and cylinders, I'd rather not replace like with like. Thus, I have purchased the four hydraulic hoses, O-rings, and two hard lines to copy later machine, that with the hoses run underneath versus topside as in mine. I'd take advantage of anyone generous enough to snap images of their hose routings, from rear below under step looking at loader frame and front rearward depicting cylinders and loader frame, both sides.

Thanks in advance!

/ John Deere 110 TLB Loader Boom Piston Hoses
Just ordered hose guard/Antichafe. Found images of 2006 with low hour that gave me some insight, but ultimately, still looking for these detailed images.

Nearly five years later, I tackled and completed the right side, what a PITA, especially with a cab. Two of the hose nuts were seized to the hard lines in front of the floor pan. The outer hose is reasonably accessible, as you go inboard, they get less accessible as each one gets further up in front of the floor pan. The furthest out, I managed to wedge a pry bar between a flat and the tower and whack with a ball peen and free, that is after all got soaked with PB Blaster. The proximity of each line to each other is marginally inadequate for wrench clearance. The third in, I formed a sheet metal shield around it and hit it with the oxygen acetylene torch until red. It still wouldn't budge. I only managed to round two corners! What a nightmare! I ended up cutting the hose end pipe and disconnecting the hard line from below. Fortunately, I could fish the hard line out from the spaghetti of hard lines and work on the bench with an impact and a six point socket. It did roll the threads somewhat but I took another used hose from the backhoe and chase the threads. What a suck job! My advice to likewise owners is to spray and coat the eight connection points by the floor pan now.

Here are some before and during images.

Attachments

• 110tlbhosecut.jpg
    110tlbhosecut.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 122
  • 110tlbhosesdamage.jpg
    110tlbhosesdamage.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 110
  • 110tlbhosesrightbefore.jpg
    110tlbhosesrightbefore.jpg
    755 KB · Views: 107
While I had this apart, I also disconnected to anti-spillover link and torqued the rear lower loader boom tower bolts. They were tight. Being a 2004 machine, my loader boom piston hoses went over the piston. With the need to service the hoses, I further opted to retrofit the later hose/pipe arrangement as found on 2006 and newer machines, not sure what 2005 had. Apparently JD had chafing issues and redesigned. I also added nylon anti-chafe sheathing to the hoses. I feel that it additionally protects the rubber on the hose from UV damage and cracking. Here is the final product. Onto the left side, will likely pull the battery box for access. I hope for a smoother easier job but certainly, I know what I am likely in for!

Attachments

• 110tlbhosesrightafter.jpg
    110tlbhosesrightafter.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 103
   / John Deere 110 TLB Loader Boom Piston Hoses #5  
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Your 110 looks to be well taken care of, and getting better.

Got the LH side done. I didn't change the Auxiliary hydraulic hoses. They looked OEM, properly run, and decent with just one nick in the outer rubber. I just disconnected and fished a piece of ant-chafe over both of them. Of course, I did flip the cylinder and change all the loader boom piston hydraulics. The fittings came free without much grief and I managed to do so without pulling battery and box. Before and after images attached.

Attachments

• 110tlbhosesleftbefore.jpg
    110tlbhosesleftbefore.jpg
    1,014.8 KB · Views: 100
  • 110tlbhosesleftafter.jpg
    110tlbhosesleftafter.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 101
   / John Deere 110 TLB Loader Boom Piston Hoses #7  
Great post and info, thanks for the writeup