Ballast JD 3320 Ballast Weight Concern

/ JD 3320 Ballast Weight Concern #11  
but weight is weight (meaning liquid will do as good a job). Filled would be the first course of action. Add the wheels weights if you still need more.

Not exactly true, we could debate the implications on a CUT but in the real farm tractor world, Liquid weight costs horsepower. Search tech docs from University Extension Services, Tire Companies, etc.. all come to the same conclusion... Iron is better then liquid when it comes to pulling power. On a chore tractor with frequent direction changes, I'd say liquid cost even MORE hp, but studies havent been done on chore tractors so I couldnt proove my theory one way or the other.

The only reason liquid is so popular is its dirt cheap.

/ JD 3320 Ballast Weight Concern #12  
What I like about liquid is the lower center of gravity. Also, it seems like it would take less HP to get the tractor going because it does not have to make the liquid inside the wheels turn with the wheel as opposed to wheel weight. (Momentum) The best usage for wheel weights are to counter balance one side like when tractors mow across hills and need ballast on the higher wheel.

/ JD 3320 Ballast Weight Concern #13  
Not exactly true, we could debate the implications on a CUT but in the real farm tractor world, Liquid weight costs horsepower. Search tech docs from University Extension Services, Tire Companies, etc.. all come to the same conclusion... Iron is better then liquid when it comes to pulling power. On a chore tractor with frequent direction changes, I'd say liquid cost even MORE hp, but studies havent been done on chore tractors so I couldnt proove my theory one way or the other.

The only reason liquid is so popular is its dirt cheap.

I see your point about liquid weight and HP and agree with it.
My comments were directed toward CUT owners, actually. When I joined TBN, most posters were CUT owners. Looks like we have more agricultural users now...

/ JD 3320 Ballast Weight Concern #14  
I'd suggest the filled rear tires and chains.
I don't use wheel weights and they might be great, but weight is weight (meaning liquid will do as good a job). Filled would be the first course of action. Add the wheels weights if you still need more.
The reason I'm suggesting this is the hassle of handling wheel weights (I've got a bad back and wouldn't want more stress on it). If you intend to install them and leave them on...well, the dealer will have the lifting equipment to do this task.
Anyway, there's my humble opinion...
Good luck in your decision!

I agree with Roy...I even am a fan of his hat...but if you look at my avatar that is my JD 3020 and I have always run it with loaded rear tires and have never had a problem with the FEL on stability even without equipment on the 3 pt hitch...