Loader JD 2355- hydraulic and starter issues

/ JD 2355- hydraulic and starter issues #1  

rpcamp

Tractor
John Deere 2355
Can anyone help me with my '92 JD 2355? I recently repaired a hydraulic leak on the loader after losing a fair amount of hydraulic oil. The hydraulic pressure seems poor now. Stupid question, but do i need to bleed the system of air or simply put more hydraulic oil in the system?

Also, I seem to have to try cranking the engine 2-4 times before it actually fires on cold starts (i'm in Texas, so the term "cold" is used loosely), Is there a "warm up time" that the electric needs to be on before starting, like in an older diesel pickup?

Thanks

/ JD 2355- hydraulic and starter issues #2  
JUst be sure to fill to the full mark on the dipstick and then cycle all functions a couple of times from full up and down. The air should bleed out by itself.

The 2355 did not use glow plugs or preheaters. They typically start very easily. When you say you crank 2-4 times, how long are you cranking? Are you getting any smoke from exhaust when cranking? What color smoke?

/ JD 2355- hydraulic and starter issues
When I say cranking, I mean that I turn the key and the electrical system "draws down" but no attempt by the starter to turn over until about the 4th turn of the key.

/ JD 2355- hydraulic and starter issues #4  
When I say cranking, I mean that I turn the key and the electrical system "draws down" but no attempt by the starter to turn over until about the 4th turn of the key.

Check ALL Battery lead connections, particularly the Negative Ground to Frame connection. Clean to bright bare metal and use a lock washer.

You may also have corroded/high resistance connections on the solenoid internals.

/ JD 2355- hydraulic and starter issues #5  

A rather ambiguous description of symptoms . Usually but not always a failing solenoid and or starter motor . Hydraulics will bleed it's self.
What kind of oil did you add?
What valves and where are these valves that control the loader?

/ JD 2355- hydraulic and starter issues #6  
Gord Baker
:welcome: to TBN

Note that the post you quoted was 5 and half years old now. Hopefully the problem is fixed by now. ;)
But welcome to the forum and don't let me discourage you from helping out with your experience.

Pull up a chair and jump in wherever you want.