Jacobsen turfcat 628d 4wd good, bad opinions.

/ Jacobsen turfcat 628d 4wd good, bad opinions. #1  

90cummins

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 1720 SSS 4x4 Turbo Charged
Snow blowing backwards with my compact tractor is challenging me and the F series kubota with heated cab would be perfect but the price for new a new one is out of the question. I found a 2006 Jacobsen turfcat 628d 4wd with heated cab, snowblower & mower for $4500.
Supposedly has only 1900 hours.
I would like any input pertaining to the quality of the machine. It looks like the blower & mower are hydraulically driven.
Is this a good machine or should I keep looking??

Thanks
90cummins

/ Jacobsen turfcat 628d 4wd good, bad opinions. #2  
Not familiar with Jacobsen but if it's Diesel 4x4 with a cab, snowblower & mower, it's certainly sounds like it's worth a close inspection.

If in good condition it will probably sell pretty fast at that price!

/ Jacobsen turfcat 628d 4wd good, bad opinions. #3  
That style of snowblower sucks. I have used one but a 2wd version and even with weights at the rear bumper you could blow and steer but couldn't have the blower off the ground and steer. Traction was also an issue even with wheel weights and chains. This was blowing a sidewalk. It was quite possibly the worst piece of purpose built snow removal equipment I have used.

/ Jacobsen turfcat 628d 4wd good, bad opinions. #4  
That style of snowblower sucks. I have used one but a 2wd version and even with weights at the rear bumper you could blow and steer but couldn't have the blower off the ground and steer. Traction was also an issue even with wheel weights and chains. This was blowing a sidewalk. It was quite possibly the worst piece of purpose built snow removal equipment I have used.

It is not surprising to have poor traction & steering control in snow with such 2 wheel drive model, but the OP was asking specifically about 4x4 model and I think his main concern was quality of Jacobsen Turfcat 628D ?

Cheers,

Thinking.jpg

/ Jacobsen turfcat 628d 4wd good, bad opinions. #5  
It is not surprising to have poor traction & steering control in snow with such 2 wheel drive model, but the OP was asking specifically about 4x4 model and I think his main concern was quality of Jacobsen Turfcat 628D ?

Cheers,

View attachment 789766
That's why I stated 2wd.