Iseki transmission/hydraulic fluid

/ Iseki transmission/hydraulic fluid #1  

RJB

Bronze Member
Can anyone shed some light on a mystery. What kind of transmission fluid do the various models use? I thought the TS series used 80/90 weight, but I just read a post in another forum that said universel trans/hydraulic fluid. I have a TL that appears to have hyd fluid and several TS models that have 80/90 in them. I guess my assumption was because some models have seperate reservoir for the hydraulics.
Thanks Rick

/ Iseki transmission/hydraulic fluid #2  
Well, I am certainly not the expert on this..but can confirm that if you have a common sump for the transmisssion, hydraulics and wet brakes, you need to use Universal Fluid... I have the TA series which uses the single reservoir for all three functions...

I would suppose you can see if you have more than one fill point for fluids that might indicate the use of two different fluids...... I am sure one of the experts will respond.... if you need more...go to the Iseki Parts/Service Thread and call or contact one of the Iseki folks....

/ Iseki transmission/hydraulic fluid #3  
My thinking would be that the Hyda-trans probably couldn't hurt anything. If it is good enough for the trans and hydraulics on other brands it should work on Isekis, especially since they move so slow. This time of year a lighter fluid might even help. On the other hand cold 90wt in the wrong place could do a lot of damage. I have heard of twisted shafts etc. It would be safer to put the hydra-trans in until you found out for sure anyway. Or maybe not ( Low dollar disclaimer).

/ Iseki transmission/hydraulic fluid #4  
for what it's worth the bolens manual that i got for my ts2200 says to use 90 w gear oil in transmission & hydraulic fluid in the cylinder case.of course i have an older model (82 i think).greg miller