ISEKI TL1900 / MASSEY CLONE

/ ISEKI TL1900 / MASSEY CLONE #1  

RJB

Bronze Member
I just purchased a TL1900 Iseki and would like to know if anyone knows if there is a massey that is similar. also what year the TL1900 was built.

Thanks in advance, Rick

Attachments

• 24-221519-TL1900.jpg
    24-221519-TL1900.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 1,859
   / ISEKI TL1900 / MASSEY CLONE #2  
RJB

Nice looking unit, I am sure you will enjoy having this known to be very reliable unit.... it was very popular tractor in Japan and many have come over to the US..... I am sure one of the experts can tell you exactly and may provide exact dates on some of the following.. Certainly a Len Schaeffer or if you contact the Hoye Bros, they could probably give you exact dates.. Back in the 70's and 80's, Iseki was primarily if not exclusively making there small tractors for US distribution for and under the "White" and "Bolens" name tag... If you go to www.ironsearch.com, restrict your search to 1) tractor compact and pick MB for Manitoba, Canada, you can see a 1988 White Model 21...(they incorrectly listed it as Agco/White, however I am not sure "when" AGCO acquired the White Tractor line and it was certainly not marketed as such in 1988). This tractor essentially looks just like yours exept in the trademark White "Silver" color except it is a 4WD unit, and also maybe a slightly different engine... Japan generally used the model number to designate PTO HP... So, your 1900 has 19HP at the PTO... not sure if the Whitel Model designated 21 at the PTO or was the engine HP.. could be either I guess.. The same TL style you have came in 1900, 2100, 2500 etc. series designating PTO HP... Iseki also made the Bolens small tractors until they quite marketing all but smaller lawn and garden equipment.. you can see many Iseki's with the Bolen's name, most were smaller HP and many had 0 Cat. Hitch...

Again, not certain on the dates, but back in the 70's and 80's, most of the Massey Ferguson smaller compacts were made by Hinomoto in Japan... larger ones by Mahindra in India... Again, AGCO acquired the Massey Ferguson name, some time ago.... so, you can find Hinomoto's that look just like Massey's.. Sometime in the late 80's Hinomoto was acquired by I think Iseki or they went out of business. Around 1991 or so AGCO decided to have most of compact tractors both the White, Massey (except the Mahindra style and size) and now AGCO ST series and Caterpillar MT200 series line made by Iseki....

Sorry to make this so long, but with the consolidation of both US and Japanese Mfg'rs. it has changed up a couple of times.. Again, I am sure there is an expert out there that can put some exact dates on the above....

Happy tractoring......

/ ISEKI TL1900 / MASSEY CLONE #3  
You tractor series is pre-massey. The MF 1200 series were the first Iseki's sold by Massey. The MF 1200 series at least the 1240, 1250 and 1260 correspond to Iseki TK527, TK532 and the TK538.

/ ISEKI TL1900 / MASSEY CLONE #4  
I guess I used to much to verbage to describe what you so succinctly said and pointed out is... his TL 1900 "IS" pre Massey...but not so pre-massey as the 1200 series made by Iseki... the 1200 series came out under the Massey Badge in 1994... Great tractor.. look essentially the same in cosmetics all the way up to today... For example, go to www.ironsearch.com and search on 1) Tractor Compact, 2) limit the search to Massey Ferguson and you will see a very nice 1994 Massey 1250 in Illinois .. very nice looking.. Now in that search you will also see a 1992 Massey Ferguson 1125 for sale in Illinois... It is on the same platform as the Iseki TA Series "look" of that day.... it looks just like the photo's under the IsekimanTA210 Thread of the Iseki TA series that were posted like the TA 262, TA 230 etc....

So, somewhere when the TA Series by Iseki Started ... around 1990, Massey used that Platform for about 3-4 years until the 1200 series started...

Can a Massey or Iseki Historian help us out on the exact dates? It is really confusing with all the changes as I mentioned....

/ ISEKI TL1900 / MASSEY CLONE #5  
I don't know which Iseki correspond with the 1100 series. I have always thought that they were all (Iseki) were introduced to Massey around 94. The 1100 series is actually upscale or seam to be for the 1200s and I believe have been sold the same amount of time as the 1200 by Massey any way. I would also like to know. I think that my shop manuel has the 1135 in it, but I have never looked at it enough to tell what Iseki's are similar. Maybe to to night I will take time to see. Does anyone else know for sure.

/ ISEKI TL1900 / MASSEY CLONE #6  
The used tractor buyer's guide shows the following:

MF1140 91-93 with Toyosha engine (Hinomoto)
MF1125 91-93 with Toyosha engine
MF1120 with Iseki engine

/ ISEKI TL1900 / MASSEY CLONE #7  
I hope Muhammad reads this thread and sees the interest and need for the Iseki forum.

/ ISEKI TL1900 / MASSEY CLONE
I just recently puchased 6 tractors,4 of them (Iseki). I think they are going to grow in popularity. An Iseki forum would help everybody.

Rick

/ ISEKI TL1900 / MASSEY CLONE #9  
FYI,

Mahindra of India has never built any Massey Fergusons. Mahindra was set up as a joint venture with International Harvester. There basic tractors are still based on that design.

Tafe of India did build MF for global markets, but now only produce MF under license for the local markets. They sell under their own name outside of India.