Is there a T-stat in TS-1610F ?

/ Is there a T-stat in TS-1610F ? #1  

larso1

Gold Member
Tractor
Iseki TS1610F 4x4
Hi guys,

I was going to check the condition of the HW t-stat in my tractor...never did before. Well, in the Bolens G194 manual (closest thing I have to this actual Iseki model) there clearly shows a bolted, rounded casting on top of the upper HW hose connection to the motor with a t-stat sandwiched inside as you would expect. But on my tractor, which also has a water pump, there is no such casting....only a fabricated 90-degree turn fitting that has no t-stat inside. Is there one somewhere else in the system...or does it not have one? Seems like it should to get up to proper operating temp. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Bill in CO

/ Is there a T-stat in TS-1610F ? #2  
Hi Bill ,
I believe there should be a thermostat on your tractor . I have seen a few cars with the thermostat actually slid into the top hose instead of the thermostat housing . Does yours have that ? A easy way to tell if you have one hidden some where is to start a "cold" motor with the radiator cap off . If you have one, the water/antifreeze will not move or flow across the top of the radiator until the thermostat is open. DON"T try this with a !HOT! motor or use will get a face full of hot antifreeze !!! Only do it cold .
A cold motor will not run very well and if your in cold climate that will make it worst . Given enough time ,your engine if it is working hard will come up to operating temp without a theromstat unless your in very cold weather ,but a thermostat makes it get there quicker and run better .If you don't have one or can't locate a place to put one ,find one that will slide inside your top hose of your radiator and hose clamp it in place . Thats all the car manufacture did on the ones I saw .Make should you get the right temp setting .
Big Al

/ Is there a T-stat in TS-1610F ?
Thanks BigAl,
I will check to see if there might be one inside the end of the hose manifold, although right now it doesn't look like there is enough room for one. I will perform the cold startup test you suggest. Thanks,

Bill in CO

/ Is there a T-stat in TS-1610F ? #4  
Actually, I rather doubt your TS1610F has a thermostat. None of the gray market Yanmar tractors I have seen have one. I'm not sure why they don't, but thats the truth. I have parts manuals for the following gray market Yanmars, and none of them show a thermostat.
YM1110D
YM1301D
YM1510D
YM1702D
F13D
F14D
F15D

/ Is there a T-stat in TS-1610F ?
Thanks Greg! I was beginning to think that way because I just couldn't see where one would fit in the tractor's cooling system...unless it was buried in the pump somewhere like some auto engines, but that would be an unneccesary pain to get at. Apparently these tractors operate OK without one? I guess it just takes longer to get up to operating temp. Funny that the US-market Bolens version did have one.

Bill in CO

/ Is there a T-stat in TS-1610F ? #6  
Many of the larger Yanmars have thermostats. Most of the smaller ones (as previously mentioned) do not.