Is B2710 or similar too small?

/ Is B2710 or similar too small? #11  
I can't believe nobody's said "go bigger" (not that I would). I guess there's a first time for everything. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Is B2710 or similar too small? #12  
Everyone wants to buy the right size tractor. Right size for some people is a different size for other people. My Kubota is 68 HP but in a compact M Series tractor, which is right size for me, but your requirements are probably different. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Guess the ideal tractor would look something like a Bat Mobile. It would fit anywhere, mow around trees spaced 10 feet apart in the orchard, get up into corners, be very low to the ground so those branches didn't hit you, have little spikes that came out of the tires for amazing traction when using ground engaging equipment, and have retractable tracks so you could operate on 30 degree slopes safely. It would have to have variable HP. Burn almost no fuel at the low HP settings while mowing, and then rev right up there to pull that heavy equipment and bailer.

Then you could fold it up neatly and put it in the trunk of your car.

Guess we are all still looking for one like that! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Ken Hern in his book, The Owner Build Homestead, defined the ideal tractor for a homestead was a small tracked loader plus a small B Size Kubota. Pretty Darn Close. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Is B2710 or similar too small? #14  
I found it in a bookstore several years ago. Libraries sometimes keep old soft cover books. Mother Earth News is a bi-monthly magazine that sometimes lists books that you can get through mail order. I have to idea if it has been reprinted. It is refreshing to see a simpler lifestyle being touted in this day of complexity and having someone else do everything. His other book was the Owner Built Home. Author: Ken Kern. He didn't think a lot of the Uniform Building Code. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Is B2710 or similar too small? #15  
I have found some fairly detailed lists of specifications at the following two websites:

www.farleytractor.com and www.jenningsequipment.com

The most detailed list I've seen was the information/specification/prices from the old kubotasource website...I don't suppose anyone has an archive of that stuff?