installing a track on a bobcat T300

/ installing a track on a bobcat T300 #1  

redmon

Tractor
bobcat T300
does anyone know how to install and remove a rubber track on a T300? i have done this a couple of times but i was thinking that there has to be an easier way. i just had a track blow out and need to install one of the old ones until next week.:)

thanks for your help,

jeff

/ installing a track on a bobcat T300 #2  
The bet way is to follow your operator's manual. I'm not trying to be smart here, but it is the easiest. The track is really heavy and I've seen guys get hurt taking shortcuts. i realize that the grease cylinder makes a mess when you release pressure and sometimes you need a comealong to retract the front idler but it is the best way.

/ installing a track on a bobcat T300 #3  
to **** with the comealong, you have hydrauilcs on the arm so use a block to push the front idler back with the back of the bucket or what ever attachment you have on. use another block under the back of the machine and then lift the front of the machine the the bucket, all of one side of the t300 track shoud be off the ground and then its pry bar time

/ installing a track on a bobcat T300 #4  
There are lots of ways to gerry rig the track off and on, problem is most of them can get you hurt or you need two people. Your choice.

/ installing a track on a bobcat T300
thanks guys for your answer, i used the pry bar method with 4 guys helping. not too bad but man that track is heavy. i guess that there is no easy way just elbow grease. thanks jeff.

/ installing a track on a bobcat T300 #6  
This ain't my first rodeo. If you want to track on without having to go through the instruction book you should have called MAKO. The problem with this site is that most of the people are sales reps or dealers. I have been in business for ten years. After one year we got rid of the Bobcat track system.