Oil & Fuel Injector pressure? Or lack of...?

/ Injector pressure? Or lack of...? #1  

wmcelwee

Tractor
Yanmar 2620
Hello everyone. I have a YM 2620 and I'm having trouble getting it to start after sitting for a couple years. Put in a new battery, hit the glow plugs, turned the key and it won't fire up. Turns over just fine. I disconnected one of the fuel line fittings on the right side of the motor and turned it over a few times. All I'm getting is a dribble of fuel... shouldn't it have much higher pressure? Also, what are the odds the fuel is bad? It's been kept inside if that makes a difference. TIA. ~ W

/ Injector pressure? Or lack of...? #2  
Check the tank for algae blocking the pickup. Did you change out the fuel filter? how did it look? If you have good fuel flow to the injector pump, then the pump may need rebuilding/replacement. Why has she sat for a couple years?

/ Injector pressure? Or lack of...? #3  
Lol.. I didn’t get past the 2nd sentence before I started laughing..
Your going to find that the fuel is bad..& the injection pump is more than likely frozen up..
If u have a service manual for it, THATS gonna be your friend..

/ Injector pressure? Or lack of...?
Check the tank for algae blocking the pickup. Did you change out the fuel filter? how did it look? If you have good fuel flow to the injector pump, then the pump may need rebuilding/replacement. Why has she sat for a couple years?
She hasen't been needed. Plus I've been too busy with work. I'll change the filter. I have my doubts that it's the pump, as it ran greart when parked. I just want to get her running well again and sell it.

/ Injector pressure? Or lack of...? #5  
If you find critters in the tank/lines ... change out the fuel/blow out the lines & clean the tank Then figure you'll go through a bunch of fuel filters as whatever's left continues to plug your filters.

/ Injector pressure? Or lack of...? #6  
I would suggest taking the inspection cover off right above the injection pump, work the throttle and see if the rack is moving on the pump. If not give the pump a few gentle taps, that's been known to free them up after a long set. No warranties on anything, just something you might try.

/ Injector pressure? Or lack of...? #7  
I would suggest taking the inspection cover off right above the injection pump, work the throttle and see if the rack is moving on the pump. If not give the pump a few gentle taps, that's been known to free them up after a long set. No warranties on anything, just something you might try.
I'll also chime in with the gov and rack, a few quick sprays from the can or drops from the bottle of REM oil does wonders to free up anything binding on that mechanism.

I use REM oil on all kinds of things. -20F reaches to the winters I see here.

1671306061513.png

/ Injector pressure? Or lack of...? #8  
If you find critters in the tank/lines ... change out the fuel/blow out the lines & clean the tank Then figure you'll go through a bunch of fuel filters as whatever's left continues to plug your filters.
Seafoam was engineered just for this problem in diesel engines and fuel systems. Anything fuel related I clean with Seafoam.