Information on NH 270 Baler

/ Information on NH 270 Baler #1  

Tim27

I am in the market for a good used hay baler and came across a NH 270 Hayliner serial # 7934. It was bought new by the owner and only baled 2,000 bales before being put into a barn and stored. Does anyone have any experience with this model and what would be a reasonable price to pay? Thanks for you help!

Tim 27

/ Information on NH 270 Baler #2  
No idea on the pricing but have several years behind of and in front of one. An excellent baler.

/ Information on NH 270 Baler
Thanks for the information. I appreciate it.

/ Information on NH 270 Baler #4  
To get a rough idea you there are several sites w/ prices like tractor house.

/ Information on NH 270 Baler #5  
The John Deere MachineFinder site has plenty of competitive prices for your area. Now is the time to buy, fix, repair, tuneup, test and paint equipment like this...

/ Information on NH 270 Baler #6  
I am in the market for a good used hay baler and came across a NH 270 Hayliner serial # 7934. It was bought new by the owner and only baled 2,000 bales before being put into a barn and stored. Does anyone have any experience with this model and what would be a reasonable price to pay? Thanks for you help!

Tim 27

I've been tracking eBay prices on balers for several years. I finally found a nice MF-124 two-twine baler last May locally for $2000 right out of the field (the Seller baled his 35 acres a few days before I bought the baler). Here are a few photos to show you what a used $2000 baler might look like

DSCF0277Small.jpg

DSCF0275Small.jpg

DSCF0271Small.jpg

The NH270 prices range from $650-$1600 on eBay. The one you're looking at (one owner, low bale count, shedded) probably is worth more. How much more is up to you and the Seller.

/ Information on NH 270 Baler
Thanks to all that have replied. I checked with the New Holland Dealer and they indicated that the 270 was manufactured between 1961 and 1963 and parts from two other balers will interchange with the majority of the 270. Some parts are still available for the 270 as well. I am having a friend/ mechanic look at it later this week and get his opinion. I appreciate the photo's and price help as well. I have checked tractorhouse.com and no 270's are currently listed. Prices for similar vintages go for $600 to $2000, which is inline with the feedback I have gotten here. I am going out of town for a week, but will post some photo's when I return, if I purchase.

/ Information on NH 270 Baler #8  
Thanks to all that have replied. I checked with the New Holland Dealer and they indicated that the 270 was manufactured between 1961 and 1963 and parts from two other balers will interchange with the majority of the 270. Some parts are still available for the 270 as well. I am having a friend/ mechanic look at it later this week and get his opinion. I appreciate the photo's and price help as well. I have checked tractorhouse.com and no 270's are currently listed. Prices for similar vintages go for $600 to $2000, which is inline with the feedback I have gotten here. I am going out of town for a week, but will post some photo's when I return, if I purchase.

Good luck on that 270. Just be sure that all the parts are there, especially for the knotters and the fingers on the pickup. Ask the Seller if he has spare blades and shims for the bale chamber knife.