Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,271  
Hello, all. I've been using my mini excavator around the farm, primarily for trenching, which has worked very well, but it's had some eccentricities. I've been able to work around them, mostly, but it's exhibiting a new issue that is very puzzling. Basically, it doesn't want to engage the drive tracks unless both are going in the same direction at the same time. That is, I can go forward or backwards, but I can't turn. I can use the bucket to wedge myself up and rotate the house to effectuate a turn, but that's inconvenient when all I want to do is move the thing down the road a bit. Does anyone else have this problem?

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions for where I should be looking for the problem, or recommended fixes.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China
#1,272  
Basically, it doesn't want to engage the drive tracks unless both are going in the same direction at the same time. That is, I can go forward or backwards, but I can't turn.
Which unit did you buy? Does it have a hyd return filter? Did you check and adjust your system relief valve? How many hours on your mini?

My current guess is that your machine is not generating the force necessary to make the turn. Since you were able to turn earlier, your RV is prob not the (main) problem. A worn out hyd pump is more likely.

Try increasing the engine RPM to max, then turn.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,273  
I would not think it was a pump problem if both tracks operate and drive the machine. Seems odd that they need to work together. Have you tried raising the tracks off ground (blade down in front and lift off with boom in back) and operating one at a time?

If you both tracks spin when only operating one control I would guess you have a problem in the valve stack.

#1,274  
I would not think it was a pump problem if both tracks operate and drive the machine. Seems odd that they need to work together. Have you tried raising the tracks off ground (blade down in front and lift off with boom in back) and operating one at a time?
Yes, of course, he should do that very easy test to see if they move separately.

It takes much more force to turn, vs drive straight. Small minis with 2-speed wheel motors often stall when trying to make a turn in high range. If RV setting was not verified, he may be starting with only 1500psi.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,275  
Yes, of course, he should do that very easy test to see if they move separately.

It takes much more force to turn, vs drive straight. Small minis with 2-speed wheel motors often stall when trying to make a turn in high range. If RV setting was not verified, he may be starting with only 1500psi.
Running one drive motor versus two should require much less pump capacity. Trying a turn with both drive motors (1 forward and 1 in reverse) would be the largest amount of fluid flow. I doubt he would do that for all turns but who knows?

It is slightly possible that both drive motors are weak and therefore 1 by itself is not enough to turn but I would find that unlikely.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,276  
Hello, all. I've been using my mini excavator around the farm, primarily for trenching, which has worked very well, but it's had some eccentricities. I've been able to work around them, mostly, but it's exhibiting a new issue that is very puzzling. Basically, it doesn't want to engage the drive tracks unless both are going in the same direction at the same time. That is, I can go forward or backwards, but I can't turn. I can use the bucket to wedge myself up and rotate the house to effectuate a turn, but that's inconvenient when all I want to do is move the thing down the road a bit. Does anyone else have this problem?

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions for where I should be looking for the problem, or recommended fixes.
Track tension can cause the drive motors to not work properly. Over tight tracks can cause issues with turning. Lift the machine and make sure you have 1/2" or so sag in the middle of the track. If you end up needing a pump I can get you a link for one in the Sates.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,277  
Ok guys, anyone see a Traner TR45 in person yet? I guess I did it again.

1713104565965.png

The same RATO 739cc Engine, Small Diffs, Belt Drive Transfer Case and Hyd. Pump.

It looks like Shandong Nuote Machinery, but I have looked closely yet.

If you have seen one, I am hoping that the Threaded Hole in the Pins will be bored out for Grease Fittings, or I have a Big Job ahead.

Picture of the Pin Head.
1713106015626.png

#1,278  
Ok guys, anyone see a Traner TR45 in person yet? I guess I did it again.
Looks like the other one at that auction in FL went for only $4K. I guess they forgot to install the zerks.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,279  
$5250 CDN $3800US so yes, I will give it a try, cheap I guess.

I little better lift than the Stand On Skid, Clearance, and easier to ride