Snow Attachments I'm sick of snow!!!! Best way to get rid of it?

/ I'm sick of snow!!!! Best way to get rid of it?
Re: I\'m sick of snow!!!! Best way to get rid of it?

tx, that's one more reason I'll stay here! I'd consider New Mexico, I understand there is some pretty good elk hunting in the right areas.

/ I'm sick of snow!!!! Best way to get rid of it? #22  

i use the fel as the best way to remove snow. might take a bit longer but u can lift and dump as i needed to do today.

/ I'm sick of snow!!!! Best way to get rid of it? #23  

Frank, How much driveway do you have?

My 500 feet would take hours to do the lift and dump trick.

/ I'm sick of snow!!!! Best way to get rid of it? #24  

Ender I agree with you as my drive is 700 to 750 foot long. I float the FEL while blowing the snow in reverse. What the blower leaves behind the FEL smooths nicely. Makes short work of a big job. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

But using the FEL alone would take hours. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ I'm sick of snow!!!! Best way to get rid of it? #25  

Brian........here's a pic of how I deal with my snow in ohio...........Plows a 8' pass and will push the piles up 12' high if I need to...........new meyer 8' truck blade with 1 hour retrofit to skidsteer bracket.............Tom

Attachments

• 370502-bladecat.jpg
    370502-bladecat.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 274
   / I'm sick of snow!!!! Best way to get rid of it? #26  

P.S. I'm sick of snow too..........Next sat I'm going to FLA to see how the other half lives.............Tom

/ I'm sick of snow!!!! Best way to get rid of it?

Tom, that looks like a heck of a blade on your New Holland. Is that a factory one from NH? It's about what I have in mind for a front blade, something around 8' wide, with trip springs...assuming I can't find a good deal on a blower.

BTW, your right, a trip to somewhere warm and sunny, without water moccasins (sp?) sounds pretty good right now!

Bri

/ I'm sick of snow!!!! Best way to get rid of it? #28  

Brian........it actually was a never used blade set up I bought for my 2002 dodge 4x4..........I bought it from a man who wrecked an almost new 2000 model dodge and didn't think the insurance co needed a free blade since it wasn't mounted on the truck at the time of the wreck............it was sitting in the shop one day next to the skid-steer and..........well the rest is history as you can see. It's a 8' commercial model off a dually..........sure plows it fast with the NH.........Some people have posted similar retrofits of truck plows mounting the brackets in their loader buckets for the plow a-frame and welding a hook at the bucket top for the lift chain.......Do a search and see what turns up...........Happy plowing !!! Tom

/ I'm sick of snow!!!! Best way to get rid of it? #29  

Ok Brian I'll Give ya my take I have a 900' driveway gravel and clay. I use an old 1976 chevy and fisher plow. But ya gotta have a snow blower or a loader to clear the snow berms. Tractors are too light to plow. a pickup could always be improved with 600lbs in back and if you can do it leave one with chains do it! But you gotta have some place for snow to go. I use a cub cadet 45" snow blower with a 13hp engine. Custom skids thant dont dig in snow flies away /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif good luck.