I'm Back

/ I'm Back #1  

mjarrels

Elite Member
Tractor
1949 farmall, 1961 Fordson Dexta, 1986 Duetz Allis, 2001 Kubota.
Just returned back to Virginia yesterday after spending three months living back in the Philippines. 90 degrees when I left, 37 degrees when I got off the plane in DC. Wife and kids came back in January but I stayed for the month of February and flew back alone. The non stop flight from Korea to Dullas is the hardest, 14.6 hours in the air!

mark

/ I'm Back #3  
Welcome back, my brother was stationed in the Phillipines and loved it there.

/ I'm Back #4  
Welcome back, my brother was stationed in the Phillipines and loved it there.

I'm pretty sure my uncle was in the Philllipines during WWII. I don't think he liked it. Welcome back, anyway.

/ I'm Back #5  
Welcome home.
Hope you brought some of that warm weather for the northeast.

/ I'm Back #6  
I am sure you are glad to be back. I don't know how long you were gone but I did the overseas thing for a long time and it was always good to be home to catch up on the chores. I did a couple years in Mexico and Peru but the last 5 years before retirement was in Africa. Not the best of places (Africa) but it sure made coming home enjoyable.
There is nothing like spending the winter in the tropics to make you appreciate a warm house during the winter months. I was away from home so much for over 7 years that I missed most of the winter every year. I usually planned my trips (3 weeks home) to be Thanksgiving or Christmas but missed the rest of the winter. One trip I left around 1st of March and when I came back 8 weeks later my grass was so high it took me hours just to cut around the pond. My brother in law has mowed the grass close to the house but left all the outlying areas. Grass was more than waist high in areas and slow going.

Hopefully some one has kept up with many of your daily/weekly chores for you, if not, then I wish you luck in catching up.

/ I'm Back #7  
I'm pretty sure my uncle was in the Philllipines during WWII. I don't think he liked it. Welcome back, anyway.

Lot different in the 60's when my brother was there.

/ I'm Back #8  
Welcome back Mark. It'll take a couple of weeks to get all the San Miguel out of your system so you can feel normal again.:D

/ I'm Back #9  
Welcome back. There is a large number of Americans living in the Phillipines. I had a Rehab Nurse that along with her husband, owned a Vacation Home right next to the water. They spent 4 weeks a year there, and she told me of all the Americans that lived there.