IH674 with cab and blower tire pressure

/ IH674 with cab and blower tire pressure #1  

domains

Silver Member
Hi... Just placed new tires 18.4 by 30 and guy placed 20 pounds, But with blower up you see a bend on bottom of tire, I got tubes with calcium , My old tires were harder but i never checked pressure because I was scared the valve would be corroded, Old tractors are heavyer plus my blowers plate steel is almost twice the thickness of new blowers, Should I put more than 20 pounds? I'm worried the bend on bottom will rub on the tube and wear it ,newer tubes are not as thick as the old ones, thanks for your input

/ IH674 with cab and blower tire pressure #2  
I run 15 PSI in my IH574 it's using tubes and even has a couple of boots in the tire carcass.
The tubes will follow the contours of the tire.

/ IH674 with cab and blower tire pressure
I run 15 PSI in my IH574 it's using tubes and even has a couple of boots in the tire carcass.
The tubes will follow the contours of the tire.
Cool , Do you have a blower? id rather have them soft for traction, my old tires must of had atleast 30psi, thats what my friend runs in his 574 but he has chains, could not try them this winter, hope theres a change, I almost placed them backwards for traction, got a small hill to climb at my moms house and chains will scratch all her pave

Last edited:
   / IH674 with cab and blower tire pressure #4  
I have used the blower on her, I also run chains.
100_4165.JPG

574 and blower 1.jpg

I have used the blower on her, I also run chains.
View attachment 804740

View attachment 804741
Nice studded chains, thats alot of welding:) , With my blower 1/4 inch steel it bends at bottom of tire about 2 inches with blower raised , didn't notice a bend with other tires it was my friend with 574 that noticed, then he checked his and was 30 , he has same blower, but 30 seems alot, my tires say 28 max

/ IH674 with cab and blower tire pressure #6  
By bending I'm assuming you mean that the sidewalls are bulging out a bit were the tire meets the ground. If you do not get a good sidewall bulge you are not getting much tread on the ground.
blower 5.jpg

you can see the bulge in the sidewall in this picture, if you look close you can see that I have two thread bars in contact with the ground.

Thanks for info and pics, Mine bulges little less than that but close, No tube tractors I thought it was ok,. my friend that got me worried , he use to own timberjacks and from riding over tree stumps he said it would wear tube and bust, So he thought and tried to convince me they would wear the tubes, i only use in winter to open driveways

Last edited: