IH 354 gas tractor

/ IH 354 gas tractor #1  

geneP

Platinum Member
Tractor
Case-International 385, Kubota L5450 w/LA1150A loader
I'm seriously considering buying a IH 354 gasoline tractor. It has 1800 hours on the clock, and looks like it might be actual. The tractor is very clean and tight, runs good, cool, very good oil pressure. I had a chance to run it with a brush hog for about an hour. I know you guys are going to say stay away from the gas burners, but I have averaged about 50 hrs a year cutting my open areas and doing a little box blade work. I don't think it will break me for fuel. I have a L2250 Kubota now and it is a great little tractor, but a little too light for me. I have a couple of questions...It has a hydraulic hose running from below/in front of the seat to a bracket over the lift arms and no control valve. How does this work? The tag says it was made in England, Were there English and American models? I'm open to any advice/opinions/comments you might have. Thanks in advance, Gene

/ IH 354 gas tractor #2  
IH made top quality tractors. I had a IH 240 gas I used for 44 years. Finally traded for a Mahindra E350 DI. Yours was probably made in England or India with a 143 c.i. 4 cyl gas engine about 1971. If well maintained, a few thousand hrs won't hurt. Besides, its infinitely rebuildable. The hose probably went to an exterior hydraulic cylinder that operated the three point hitch.

/ IH 354 gas tractor
The three point hydraulics are all enclosed on this model. I had an older 340 Utility with the external cylinder. Where in Mississippi are you? I'm just below Jackson in Star.