Ideas for tie down points

/ Ideas for tie down points #1  

Mikefromcny

Bronze Member
Tractor
White 2-65, Kubota B9200
Hi all, recently got a good deal on this little 6x10 aluminum trailer with deck boards for decking. Previous owner added the aluminum skirting. Problem is, no tiedown points inside the trailer.

What would you guys use? I'm considering E track. Would like tie down points in all 4 corners.

Anticipated use would be motorcycles/atv's, golf cart, tractor attachments.

Attachments

• 20230105_215441.jpg
    20230105_215441.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 84
   / Ideas for tie down points #2  
I used these to add floor tiedowns, three on each side and three in the center. Not just to the wood but through the wood to a crossbar under the cross rails. If you need a smoother floor, add plywood between the rows of rings so they are recessed.

The style below rusted out quickly due to standing water and fir needles in them all the time.

Bruce

/ Ideas for tie down points #3  
For light stuff the light duty tie downs at harbor freight are just fine, I think they call them 1/4" or something, they take two 5/16" bolts if I remember right, I put 6 on one of my trailers and they've worked well

/ Ideas for tie down points #4  
I used the E-track system on my steel 5x10 with front and sidewalls. Bought one four foot rail, and cut it into four one foot pieces. Have one at each rear corner, mounted at the top of the side wall, and on the front wall, one at each corner at the top of the front wall. That was primarily for hauling a four wheeler and worked well for that purpose. I'm not sure how well that would hold up on your trailer's aluminum skirting, strength wise though.

Now I have the E-track system, but with the wheel chalks, and use tire nets/straps for the back tires of the side by side. Highly recommend the wheel chalks and tire straps to secure the tires to the trailer, and let the machine's suspension have some play. It's that, versus trying to maintain a fixed position over whatever kind of bumps the road throws at it/keeping the suspension as compressed as you can make it for as long as you are trailering.

Can never have too many tie downs, and after seeing bcp's D ring with bracket, I like that idea mounted in all four corners of the trailer, and one along the sides in the middle as well as well.

Decisions, decisions...