Loader Id like to paint my loader (decals)??

/ Id like to paint my loader (decals)?? #11  
Air compressor and spray gun would do a better job, but that is not always an option for people. Yes, you would need a number of cans. If the loader is in real bad shape, for sure I would do the spray gun route and prime it first. The spray can route lets you do it in pieces and less clean up time. When I did mine, I took it all apart I did not take off the hydraulic lines, but I did take off the cylinders, granted I could not go too far with them. I painted the bucket, parking stands and cylinders first, which had to dry as I need this to get the loader off the tractor. I removed the masts, cleaned the grease off and painted them and the rest of the loader.

Couple things, make sure you cover everything up, there is more over spray then you think. I could not hold the mast up and get the pin in. After a few choice words, I came up with the idea to use a dowel rod to put it together, than put the pin in and slid out the dowel rod out.

/ Id like to paint my loader (decals)?? #12  
rkboyer911 I am surprised you haven't found any replacement decal sets. For Cub Cadets there are all sorts of "old" replacement decals that people make for restoration work.

JD5210 have you tried the Rust-Oleum JD green spary paint?
I was wondering how well the color matched.

/ Id like to paint my loader (decals)?? #13  
I have used the Rust-Oleum JD green paint and I think it is a good match. What I painted, I painted the whole item and did not try to spot painting anything. I have tired Rust-Oleum, paint from JD and BP of the 3 Rust-Oleum seems to be the easiest to paint and go down. My neighbors dad is an ex-JD dealer, he thinks the paint is a good match. He uses the paint from JD, he says it holds up to the sun better, but since I keep the tractor inside and JD paint is almost twice the price I no longer use it.

I have not painted any of the fiberglass parts (hood, fenders). My concern here is how these paints hold up on parts that flex ie will I get paint cracks.

/ Id like to paint my loader (decals)?? #14  
Two of the local Farm and Home stores around me carry Van Sickle brand implement paints in a wide variety of colors. I've used it in the past with decent results, but it does suffer from UV exposure and eventually turns chalky with oxidation. I have only used it straight out of the can so far. The next time I use it, I'm going to buy the hardner for it. It is supposed to make the overall result glossier, more chemical resistant, more UV resistant and also make it harder to chip/scratch. Of course, you do have to use the proper respirator equipment when spraying paint with an isocyanate hardner.

/ Id like to paint my loader (decals)?? #15  
Back on the original topic of decals.... just because JD Parts shows that they are no longer available doesn't mean that they aren't out there. It just means that wharehouse no longer has any and won't be getting anymore. Go to your local JD with decal set part number and ask them to search the dealer network. There could be a set somewhere setting on a dealers shelf that your dealer could arrange to "buy" and then resell to you.

I had to get a hinge rod for my 955 this way a few months ago. I got lucky and somebody did have one setting on their shelf.

/ Id like to paint my loader (decals)?? #16  
:laughing: :laughing:Write to john deere and tell them your going to use a Kubota or kioti decal.......they will find you the parts LOL:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

/ Id like to paint my loader (decals)?? #17  
You might try a local sign company. I asked about getting Junk Deere decals for my 2520. They said no problem.