I think we should give a price to post # 3000 *DELETED*

/ I think we should give a price to post # 3000 *DELETED* #11  
Re: I think we should give a price to post # 3000

Why would you think it is a ridiculous for a friend to offer other friends a gift? The Power Trac forum is much like a house party, and Hans is offering a door prize for the 3000th post through the door. All he is asking Muhammad to do is let him know who the 3000th poster in the Power Trac forum is. For all you know, you could have been the recipient of a gift hydraulic filter for your skid steer from a good guy just because he likes participating in TBN.

Now, I enjoy most of your posts. I was very interested in your tree farming operation. And I enjoyed the pictures of you leveling that area right after you got your skid steer. However, in my opinion, these two posts in the Power Trac forum were un-called for and you owe Hans and apology.

/ I think we should give a price to post # 3000 *DELETED* #12  

As stated above -- PTRich wondered if everyone was confused on the original post (which has now been edited, and no longer there). All I was doing was pointing out to others reading this thread that bubenberg meant to type PRIZE rather than PRICE. It wasn't a rip on his spelling and grammar. In fact, I was also very confused in reading it the first time as well.

Having the 3000th post within a forum is no special trick. Just because my opinion differs from other's should not mean my comments are uncalled for.

If my posts come across as arrogant -- that is not my intent. I am an Engineer, so when I write, there is no fluff -- I get right to the point. I would be more incline to classify my posts as "blunt".

/ I think we should give a price to post # 3000 *DELETED* #13  

Well, Gatorboy, many radio stations across this great country of ours hype their programming by offering prizes to the n'th caller. Now, I have never played this game but to alot of people, it is fun.

Han's idea was to promote and add a little fun to this forum, no more. To characterize his suggestion as ridculous goes beyond being "blunt". It was rude, plain and simple.

Debating a technical issue or debunking false claims may require a certain degree of "bluntness" in order to clearly define one's position. This was not such an occassion.

/ I think we should give a price to post # 3000 *DELETED* #14  

bmac,

You too are entitled to your opinion as well. If this flame war continues, I just may get to post number 3000 -- now wouldn't that be a hoot?

/ I think we should give a price to post # 3000 *DELETED* #15  

<font color=blue>If this flame war continues, I just may get to post number 3000 -- now wouldn't that be a hoot?</font color=blue>

How ironic would that be? And, my intent was not to "flame" anyone. Rather, to more clearly demarcate where the line of civility should be drawn.

I am a realtive newcomer to this forum and have a great deal of respect for Mr. Bubenberg and the other regulars here. They have been extremely generous with their time and assistance in helping me sort out a number of issues regarding the Power Trac line of tractors. While I'm sure that some of my questions were "less than intelligent", the forum members here never belittled me for posting them and spent considerable time in providing answers or directions on where I might find the answers. They have been, in a word, gentlemen.

So, gatorboy, let's get back to the issues for which this forum was intended. And good luck with the contest.