Toplink Hydraulic Top Link on Gannon Box Blade

/ Hydraulic Top Link on Gannon Box Blade
The rollover box blade is actually a 3 position device. The advantage is that you have a box going forward or backward and it is a heavy duty implement. All other blades can only hold dirt going forward. The size of the box depends on the manufacturer.

The disadvantage is that you have to move the tractor to switch from going forward to going backwards. The hydraulic operated 4x4 Gannons are about as good as you can get, but they are expensive. With a 76 inch Gannon, I can really appreciate the big tires and HP and you will never need brakes while pulling it. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

The sad part is that I owned a 72 inch Rino box blade for 6 years and had decided that it was not very useful - primarily because it took too much time to deal with putting the rippers up and down that you tended not to use them properly. Also I did not fully understand that the top link had so much effect on the box blade operation (and the blade angle and spacing was different from the Gannon). It was also not heavy enough for my soil conditions. I was trying to dig out a stip of road so my gate would swing to the inside. It was about 16 ft wide and 20 feet long. I finally gave up with the box blade and dug most of it with the loader. With the box blade I have now, it would have been very easy to do. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Guess you have to buy some things to find out they are not what you need.