Backhoe Hydraulic seal part numbers

/ Hydraulic seal part numbers #1  

stendek

Tractor
Terramite T5
I tried the local hydraulic shop and they don’t carry appropriate seals. The next closest shop is 2 hours away and won’t be open till Monday. On outside chance does anyone have the McMaster Carr part numbers for the T5C outrigger cylinder seals (all of them) and the outrigger valve seals (Load check plug assy). I know I can get them from Terraquip and I might still do that but I understand their cost is excessive on these parts.

Its a 1997 machine I am working on if it matters.

Last edited:
   / Hydraulic seal part numbers #2  
You need to know the cylinder and rod diameters.

/ Hydraulic seal part numbers
Update...I ended up driving to the shop. They could replace the o-rings in the load check plugs as they are standard Gresen/Parker valves (3/32 dia buna-n #15,#16, and #17 IIRC they did not store them by partnumber so I can't just post the num) and they had them in stock. As for the cylinders they said they could get them but would have to send the pieces to their HQ/factory to get properly fitted. They insisted they were metric (which I am unsure about as the rest of the machine is SAE). It turned out to be a moot point...

One of the seals on the piston has a large chunk of metal embedded in it, which had scored the inside of the cylinder badly. On close inspection, it flaked off from the inside. Looking on the outside there is a dent there. This dent corresponds to the ROPS. It appears when fully retracted, the outriggers were contacting the ROPS. The dent is present on the other outrigger also. So, I ordered too new aftermarket cylinders (about $100 a side) and will cut them to fit (see my other posts). Factory replacement was previously quoted at $315.

For anyone interested, my other post was concerning a crack in the cylinder. I welded the crack closed and it worked fine after that. The reason I was replacing seals was due to them leaking down internally and not the crack.

I hope this provides closure to anyone reading this thread. I will however, post any part numbers I can for anything I find aftermarket.

/ Hydraulic seal part numbers
Another update

I bought two cylinders on amazon “CWA Hydraulics WT Weld Cross Tube Hydraulic Cylinder 2" Bore x 12" Stroke x 1 1/4 Rod x SAE 6 Port x 3000 PSI” for $90...

I had to cut about 1/8” off the rod end eye so they would fit. Had no issues there.

Those cylinders use SAE-6 ORB ports and the outrigger hoses are 1/4” NPTM (male) I used some 6901-06-04 adapters for about $3...
I ordered them from surplus center (it said 34 available when I ordered) after a month of not getting them I contacted them and found out they were backordered until September. Super poor customer service not to tell me. Anyway hydraulics direct has them cheaper and in stock.

Total cost under $100 per side. Factory part quote was $315 plus shipping.

These still hit the ROPS if retracted all the way but the old ones did too.