Hydraulic problem Ford 3000

/ Hydraulic problem Ford 3000
I would not say that I have it completely under control ,but I am inching ahead.I will let you know the outcome
Sam

Well l have it together now but find that the previous owner had rounded off the prime plug and it won’t come out.
I did try applying pressure to the system but no success.
the pump had good pressure and lift before I replaced the filter and yes i did also try it with air and the rear end raised.
Any help now is appreciatedv

Sam

Have it together now but discovered that the Allen head plug for priming had been rounded of and although I tried I could not get it out .
I have tried to prime by pressurizing the system with the rear end lifted but no luck
The system other than picking up some air did operate well and strong
Any help is appreciated and needed

Sam

Well success at last. I found the deepest ditch I could find ,drove ut in until the sump was higher than the pump and then put about 10 psi of air into the sump and after about 5 minutes the lift arms came to life.
They we’re jerky at first put after a couple of minutes of idling and working the controls they settled down .
Thanks for all the help and as the expression goes “ Even a blind cat will catch a mouse if they keep at it long enough and Don,t give up”

Sam