Hydraulic fluid and filter change - Ford/ New Holland 5610S

/ Hydraulic fluid and filter change - Ford/ New Holland 5610S
I don't know how I found it but, I just clicked on another post somewhere that sent me to a new holland website with filter and lube chart. It states the rear axle and transmission includes the tractor hydraulics and it takes 16.3 gallons. So when I drain that, I am essentially draining the rear axle, transmission and hydraulic pump and housing? Does that sound right?

/ Hydraulic fluid and filter change - Ford/ New Holland 5610S #14  
I don't know how I found it but, I just clicked on another post somewhere that sent me to a new holland website with filter and lube chart. It states the rear axle and transmission includes the tractor hydraulics and it takes 16.3 gallons. So when I drain that, I am essentially draining the rear axle, transmission and hydraulic pump and housing? Does that sound right?
Yes that should be correct.

/ Hydraulic fluid and filter change - Ford/ New Holland 5610S #16  
I use John Deere Trans/hydraulic fluid in the transmission and hydrualics. It comes in winter and summer weight and is always available and good. Unless you are doing really hard hot hydraulic work get the winter weight so as to give your hydraulic pump a break starting during cold weather.

Some tractors were built that used motor oil for the trans/hydraulic system. JD made some that way and maybe Ford did too. They had special material for the hydraulic seals to use motor oil in the hydrualics.
Check your dealer because it varied with serial number and should be on the build info sheet for your tractor. BTW, 15w/40 is too thick for cold weather climate. If you do use motor oil, use a synthetic and go more like 5w20 will do you better.
rScotty

I use John Deere Trans/hydraulic fluid in the transmission and hydrualics. It comes in winter and summer weight and is always available and good. Unless you are doing really hard hot hydraulic work get the winter weight so as to give your hydraulic pump a break starting during cold weather.

Some tractors were built that used motor oil for the trans/hydraulic system. JD made some that way and maybe Ford did too. They had special material for the hydraulic seals to use motor oil in the hydrualics.
Check your dealer because it varied with serial number and should be on the build info sheet for your tractor. BTW, 15w/40 is too thick for cold weather climate. If you do use motor oil, use a synthetic and go more like 5w20 will do you better.
rScotty
Thank you for this information. Wonder if the dealer would provide me a copy of the build info sheet?