Husqvarna yth24k48 seat safety switch

/ Husqvarna yth24k48 seat safety switch #11  
Hello, I simply put a 'C' clamp on the unit and drilled holes in the tabs, inserted cotter pins. See pic. The 'block' technique simply didn't last because of bouncing and vibration - it failed.
This approach is reversible.
BTW - Don't do this. Good Luck!!
View attachment 344298
I think if you just tighten a larger hose clamp or about a quarter inch wide zip tie around the three black prongs that will lock it in the depressed position and be removable in the future. I was looking for a way to bypass it to check and see if that is keeping my mower from starting, the two outer and two inner prongs seem to be connected and the switch seems bad as both circuits have the same result they engage when pressed down.

/ Husqvarna yth24k48 seat safety switch #12  
I would not bypass the safety switch-it is there for a reason. As long as you disengage the PTO and apply the parking break you will be able to get on and off with the engine on without bypassing anything all day long.
You must live on level ground as I could not get off mine without the brake engaged, at least not and expect it to stay there.

/ Husqvarna yth24k48 seat safety switch #13  
You must live on level ground as I could not get off mine without the brake engaged, at least not and expect it to stay there.
I have a slope for a back yard.....When I use my 3 bin bagger to pickup leaves I have to get on and off my tractor 100s of times to empty them. Still doesn't bother me to disengage PTO, and put parking break on.
I have one more round of leave bagging to go before winter.