Husqvarna tiller, which one is oil fill?

/ Husqvarna tiller, which one is oil fill? #1  

nancyk

Silver Member
Tractor
Deere 5055e 2015, Ferris IS2000z 2007
My Husvarna tiller has three places that look to have oil caps. Picture 3(orange) is easy, as that has the oil drain plug near it. The other two are not in the manual. picture 2 is a white cap, picture 3 is also an orange cap. It was in the shop last week, apparently I put too much oil in and it came out the air cleaner and other places. When I spoke w/the repair man he showed me where he put the oil in(picture 1, in the back of the engine), I told him I had put the oil in the front, near the drain plug. His words "Oh, I did not know one was there". He took the cap off and some oil came out so he drained a bit out until it stopped flowing. So, where do I correctly check the oil level and where do I add more oil?

Attachments

• cap 1 and drain plug.JPG
    cap 1 and drain plug.JPG
    860.2 KB · Views: 298
  • cap 2 white.JPG
    cap 2 white.JPG
    870.3 KB · Views: 305
  • cap 3.JPG
    cap 3.JPG
    793.3 KB · Views: 316
   / Husqvarna tiller, which one is oil fill? #2  
Looks like you have a Briggs engine watch this vid motor should be same at yours . At 1:03 in the vid it shows you ......

YouTube

/ Husqvarna tiller, which one is oil fill?
Thank you for the link. I had viewed that before and that is how I did add oil a week ago and apparently added too much oil. The man who fixed the tiller added it from the back filler(first picture), then when I went to pick up the tiller we checked the front one and the oil flowed out.

/ Husqvarna tiller, which one is oil fill? #4  
Many generic engines will have two oil fill ports because different manufacturers mount them in different ways on equipment and you might not be able to access one or the other. I have a couple engines like that. It won't matter which fill port you use. And you could underfill/overfill from either one.

The two yellow ones look like oil fills to me. Not sure about the center one, but it is not meant to be removable (look at the nubs) so you can take that one off your list.

/ Husqvarna tiller, which one is oil fill? #5  
You use either yellow one----the other one with the nubs cut off is for some special use and don't mess with them. I have engines with them on there too.