How much oil???

/ How much oil??? #1  

fivestring

Veteran Member
Tractor
Iseki TU1700f
Getting ready for my first oil change on my Iseki TU1700f. Anyone know how much oil it holds?
The oil filter is a New Holland filter, looks like it holds a pint or 3/4 of a pint.

How much antifreeze will it hold?

/ How much oil??? #2  
Gary,
Drain the oil on your tractor when it is sitting level. Put your new oil in about a quart at the time. When you get it to the full mark on the dipstick, start the engine to fill the filter. After you stop the engine check the oil again. Fill it to the proper level and you have it. The next time you change the oil you will know exactly how much it needs. It has always worked for me. Good Luck Moondog /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ How much oil???
Well...
Changed the oil and filter this past weekend. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
42 hours of use from May 2003 to now. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Drained the oil. This was easy. 5 minutes. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Oil filter change was a breeze. 5 minutes. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Used a New Holland filter. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Now for the hard part....
It took about 35 minutes to put almost a gallon of Rotella in. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif
It seems there is a baffle at the bottom of the filler opening and this REALLY slows down the process. Put in a couple of ounces and stop to let it drain, put in a couple more and let it drain.
Is there a faster way???? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ How much oil??? #4  
Does that model have a scew in dipstick? That is where I put the oil in my TA215. It is much faster. The breather is just that on mine not a fill port. If it doesn't, at least take the dipstick out to give it a little more air.

/ How much oil???
It's a regular push-in dipstick, about 6 inches long.
I will leave the dipstick out while re-filling next time.
Thanks.