How much Oil does your PT use?

/ How much Oil does your PT use? #1  

marrt

Platinum Member
Tractor
Power Trac 1845 and 425
I checked the oil when I first got my PT425 and it was only about half way up on the dip stick. By hour 6, it was at the bottom of the stick. I filled it back to the top and, so far, it appears to be staying there for the last couple of hours. What is the “normal” oil use?

Hans, how much oil did your machine use before the engine work?

/ How much Oil does your PT use? #2  
my exmark, has the same engine as the pt425,with the a 60 inch deck zero turn, always operated at full trottle (after a 1000 hours), and we only change the oil every 100 hours (using mobil one per exmark and kohler) the oil drops down a to the middle of the safe zone.

the problem was that we could not find any spilage of oil after the headgasket went. suggest you don't wait too long, like i did to have the gasket checked.

/ How much Oil does your PT use? #3  
Mine stayed right at the top of the fill line since I got it. I did an engine oil change at 50 hours and changed the filter. I switched to mobil 1 as well. I put in just shy of 2 qts. Started the engine and let it run for a few minutes. Checked the stick again and it is still at the full line. I'll check it again after an hour, then every day before operation and see what happens. I expected it to drop on the stick a little as the filter filled, but I may have had flawed thinking (imagine that), as the oil filter is on its side, so it has to be draining back into the engine constantly.

/ How much Oil does your PT use? #4  
I use no oil, I also switched to Mobil 1.

/ How much Oil does your PT use? #5  
I have a 422 with the Robin engine. I use no oil between changes. andrew

/ How much Oil does your PT use? #6  
I have a pt422 with 320 hours on it and I have never had to add any oil between oil changes.