Traction How can I get front wheel traction?

/ How can I get front wheel traction? #1  

Tractorganic

Silver Member
Tractor
NH/TC40D SS; BCS 850, Brush Mower, Sulky, 'Tiller, Chipper, Snow Blower; JD X570-48-A
I'm trying to plow snow with my FEL and bucket on my TC40D Super Steer (chains on rear wheels) and I'm getting thrown off course with each pass.
How can I get the front wheels to track where I want. Extra snow in the bucket doesn't seem to help. Neither does bucket angle. Raising the FEL helps a little sometimes, but doesn't allow a clean pass.
Thanks,
Chris

/ How can I get front wheel traction? #2  
Put a set of V-bar chains on the front wheels. That solved the problem for me when pushing deep snow with front blade on ice.

/ How can I get front wheel traction? #3  
I put a regular set of chains on mine and it helped, wish I had some V bars for it. Ed

/ How can I get front wheel traction? #4  
2 link v bars chains and a little weight on the front end as in dont put down pressure on the loader.. You can also split the rear brakes and steer that way.

/ How can I get front wheel traction? #5  
I just put some truck tire chains on the front of my TC29D and it made a big difference in steering ability. There's lots of these laying around for cheap or free if you look in the right place.

/ How can I get front wheel traction?
I tried separating and steering with the rear brakes. Works OK when I get the hang of it but, still sliding.
I started a new post re/ front chains +/or filling front tires w/ Rim Guard because I think TBN frowns on changing topics mid stream or hijacking others' posts 'cuz it's harder to look up topics.
Thanks,
Chris

/ How can I get front wheel traction? #7  
Weight = traction.
Putting the FEL down subtracts weight (and adds a resistance in trying to turn). Even in float, the geometry of the FEL & pushing against a forward resistance may raise (or lighten) the weight on front wheels (no matter if you have chains or loaded tires).

(IMHO): 1) Use split brakes. 2) Slightly raise FEL (just enough) for tires to grab (yes, chains would help them grab, but the main factor/problem is weight).