Hour meter count.

/ Hour meter count. #1  

Comancheria

Bronze Member
Tractor
NH TC33DA 2005
So I got a new TYM 2515R.

Been setting it up the way I want it and waiting for some decent weather and time
To put it to work.

I installed a battery shut off switch to Ty to keep my parasitic draw to a minimum.

I had 1.5 hours on the machine.

I did a cold start on it twice in two weeks to keep the juices flowing as I was waiting for parts.
And the last time I checked it had 3.1 hours in it.
So do these things count each start as one hour?

/ Hour meter count. #2  
It shouldn’t count a hour just by starting. However, I will make a recommendation.

Don’t start the tractor and turn it off just for the sake of keeping the juices flowing. If you are going to do that, then take it for a spin. Let it get up to operating temperature and run it for 15 to 30 minutes. If you can’t do that then it would be better for it to just sit there.

Short runs like that is not enough time for the alternator to charge the battery back up. The battery will last much longer if you keep it fully charged.

Congratulations on your new tractor! I hope it gives you many years of reliable service!

/ Hour meter count. #3  
I'm going to agree with K5 on all of the above.

Mine has sat for months in winter (and this summer) with no harmful effects at all. Battery has always fired it right back up again. Don't start it unless you're going to run it.

My 2 cents.

/ Hour meter count. #4  
There used to be some threads on here about how different tractors with operating hour meters measured time.
Some measure time whenever the key is turned on, regardless if the engine is running or not.
Many measure time whenever the engine is on.
Some measure time based on engine speed vs pto speed, so if it's not running fast enough it won't measure time, for instance when my B7610 is just idling plus a bit time accumulates very slowly.

/ Hour meter count. #5  
My 4820, does not add time for each start. Also, it sits for a couple months at a time and it’s just fine. Engine wear is a real thing at start up due to lack of lubrication, you are doing more harm than good.

/ Hour meter count.
Thanks^^^