Honda GCV160 Needle Valve and Seat

/ Honda GCV160 Needle Valve and Seat #1  

wolfden793

Silver Member
Tractor
Deere LX 266, John Deere Gator TX, Kubota B7500, Takeuchi TB016
Hi All,

Having trouble finding the part number for the carb needle seat on a Honda GCV160 5345817 N5R engine with manual choke off a Troy Bilt pressure washer. I can find the needle, but not the seat. Anyone have a part number? Thanks in advance!

Jim

/ Honda GCV160 Needle Valve and Seat #2  
Seat may not be replaceable and also need to check the price on complete carb. In some cases the complete carb is less than the cost of the needle valve.

I am showing $18 for complete carb and $22 for the needle valve

Last edited:
   / Honda GCV160 Needle Valve and Seat
Hi Randy,

Thanks for the reply. Yup, I agree. The only problem I'm having is finding a carb to replace the one I've got. When I put in my model, it brings up the newer carbs that don't have a manual choke. They have several adjustment screws on the top which mine doesn't have. I'm going to replace the gaskets and see how it goes. New genuine carbs are about 25 to 40, so if there was one, I'd get it. I did look down into the space below the needle and it doesn't look like there is one, or it disintegrated. Engine ran fine with choke on, but when I pushed the level to return to normal speed, it quit. Leaked gas too, but float seemed level and OK. When I checked the pressure, it had none. Bowl gasket on the way as well as new carb mounting gaskets, so we'll see. Thanks again!

/ Honda GCV160 Needle Valve and Seat #4  
I am showing a 16100-Z0L-862 carb for the GCV160 N5R GJAEA-100001 to 5386302 for $17.87 MSRP
and the 16100-Z8B-861 for a GCV160 N5R GJARA-1000001 to 9999999 for engines with serial number above 3151217 at $16.55 MSRP

Where did you see these? Thanks much!

/ Honda GCV160 Needle Valve and Seat #6  
Where did you see these? Thanks much!
Here is a site that I use sometimes, but they tend to mark up stuff a little over MSRP

Thanks Randy, I'll check this out. I use this website alot, don't know how I missed these! Take care.