Snow Attachments Homemade snow cab and light bar

/ Homemade snow cab and light bar
I can plow at least 10 to 15 cm of wet heavy snow at the end of the driveway from the city plow.

/ Homemade snow cab and light bar #12  
I can plow at least 10 to 15 cm of wet heavy snow at the end of the driveway from the city plow.

You're lucky... around here the city plow pushes up a bank two feet high on a heavy snow, and deeper from a big storm.

I just found out that this year I get to use a tractor and fel to remove snow so it will be a bit faster :D

/ Homemade snow cab and light bar #14  
I dont know man. If you go out and plow with that in a storm, a gust of wind is gonna blow that plastic wrap off the cab and may take the frame with it. Go to home depot and get a few sheets of plexi glass at least

/ Homemade snow cab and light bar #15  
I agree with CF...that rig may not hold in a stiff wind. Plexiglass sheet (acrylic) or better yet Lexan sheet (polycarbonate) will be an improvement.
Test it with a leaf blower...

It already went through a HUGE storm and held up but right now I removed the cab to make a racing mower. Planning to drift it around on the lake this winter

Here is an update on my new and improved snow plow. It angles and I have made a quick attach bracket

Attachments

• image-1677922571.jpg
    image-1677922571.jpg
    403.8 KB · Views: 203
  • image-3559506295.jpg
    image-3559506295.jpg
    502.2 KB · Views: 236
  • image-2658904798.jpg
    image-2658904798.jpg
    471.5 KB · Views: 206
  • image-2535964198.jpg
    image-2535964198.jpg
    493.2 KB · Views: 213
   / Homemade snow cab and light bar #18  
Personally I don't think this setup is going to work well because it has no windshield wiper and the windshield is plastic. As the heat from the engine warms up the cab, the snow will stick to the plastic and you will have to get out regularly to clean it off.

I agree. I took it off before the winter because it shook to much when I drove. Thanks for your input though :)