Hinomoto E2004 Oil Filter

/ Hinomoto E2004 Oil Filter #1  

hurricane10

Tractor
Hinomoto E2004
After having this tractor for 15 years my oil filter came loose and dumped all oil. When you tighten it it slips. Looks like it has been griping on tip of threads. I am using a WIX 51334 is there a filter that fits a little better on the filter base threads.

/ Hinomoto E2004 Oil Filter
I found a filter that fit tight Massey Ferguson 3438856M2 it has a thread size 3/4 - 16 which is right for this tractor. . The filters recommended to me like the Wix 51334 is a 20 mm -1.5 which is a little too big. Why they worked for years I don't know

69 views and not one bit of advice are there no Hinomoto owners out there ?

/ Hinomoto E2004 Oil Filter #4  
Well the threaded nipple might be worn, How much is the correct filter?

$14.50 eBay

/ Hinomoto E2004 Oil Filter #6  
How's the tractor other than the oil filter problem? Never saw one around here..........

/ Hinomoto E2004 Oil Filter #7  
If the correct filter threads further onto the nipple and holds properly it would be worth the price to save the hassle and possible engine destruction of another oil dump.
I tried cheaping out on my Harley, using a supposed compatible filter, it fit the nipple but the outer diameter was smaller, which precluded the use of my usual filter wrench. It is close quarters, and bungling around could damage the crank position sensor. Sometimes it's just better to get the real deal.

/ Hinomoto E2004 Oil Filter #8  
If the correct filter threads further onto the nipple and holds properly it would be worth the price to save the hassle and possible engine destruction of another oil dump.
I tried cheaping out on my Harley, using a supposed compatible filter, it fit the nipple but the outer diameter was smaller, which precluded the use of my usual filter wrench. It is close quarters, and bungling around could damage the crank position sensor. Sometimes it's just better to get the real deal.

I just buy the Harley oil filters..........:)

The Hinomoto is a Gray Market Tractor so when you look in filter list you can't find a Hinomoto filter .