Hiccup in power trac plans

/ Hiccup in power trac plans
Nice! How did you locate a used one? Would love to find a newer used 1340. I’ve been keeping my eye for a bit and it looks like they’re listings for used PTs is not updated very often and whatever I see on there is already sold.

The used models on their site, definitely needs a different set-up, updating, or something.

The one I bought was actually PowerTrac’s old demo model.
I still had to pay full price for it, even though a bunch of people on here, have probably rammed it into the rock pile, and tried to do donuts with it. Hahahaha

And I offered Terry a free turkey hunt, to get him to ask for permission to sell it to me. LoL

/ Hiccup in power trac plans #22  
Good job!
The used models on their site, definitely needs a different set-up, updating, or something.

The one I bought was actually PowerTrac’s old demo model.
I still had to pay full price for it, even though a bunch of people on here, have probably rammed it into the rock pile, and tried to do donuts with it. Hahahaha

And I offered Terry a free turkey hunt, to get him to ask for permission to sell it to me. LoL
Nice job! I was tempted to ask them what they were going to do with their floor model when I was their myself. When I go back out, lol.

Last edited:
   / Hiccup in power trac plans #23  
I think with the hydraulic purge issue, there are two areas, the 3rd valve and the PTO. When I purchase Titan attachments (China made), I would always purge out the hydraulic cylinder in the 3rd valve circuit. For those that may have not thought about this, when a hydraulic cylinder is full stroke in one direction that end of the cylinder has very little oil in it and the opposite side is full. You take off the quick connect fitting on the full side, put the hose in the bucket and SLOWLY actuate the 3rd valve which strokes the cylinder in the other direction and empties a large percentage of the (Chinese or other brand) oil, that is the best you can do, you have residual oil in the hose.
Now with the PTO circuit, IF you have the tech experience to do this safely, you would unplug the engine controls like when you bleed the filter, then with the PTO switch "on" and the return hose (fitting removed) in a bucket and key on, jump the starter for a slow flow until you feel the the oil has been purged.
It is good you got the demo model. Everyone only used it for a few minutes and the machines are well made, I may even say indestructible in that small amount of time.
The floor model would be a good score, but I wonder how old it is. PT tends to update a lot of stuff over the years.

/ Hiccup in power trac plans #24  
Good job!

Nice job! I was tempted to ask them what they were going to do with their floor model when I was their myself. When I go back out, lol.

Are they building any new 1430’s. Last time I talked to Terry they were out of diesels and the engineers hadn’t come up with a solution for mounting the gas engines.

/ Hiccup in power trac plans
Are they building any new 1430’s. Last time I talked to Terry they were out of diesels and the engineers hadn’t come up with a solution for mounting the gas engines.

They are working on it. But I was told probably fall, or end of year before they have them available.
They did say they get calls every week asking about them, so I’m sure they are working as fast as they can on it.
The steel prices, and material shortages I’m sure are not helping currently