Help with regulator

/ Help with regulator #1  

Gomer pyle

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 5090E
My Oxygen regulator went bad(dumped tank pressure to torch which ruptured lines) a couple years ago. My local Airgas sent it off to be rebuilt. It did the same thing yesterday(didn't rupture line this time). I don't want to rebuild again as it seems that this rebuild did not hold up. My current regulator is a Victor 250-80-540. I can't find that regulator new. Which one do I did to replace mine? I wouldn't mind upgrading to a heavier duty one but do the Acetylene and Oxygen regs need to match?

/ Help with regulator #2  
Regulators don't need to match, they just need to properly regulate pressure needed to maintain sufficient flow to torch.... "Matching" in most cases is purely aesthetics...

Probably a lot cheaper to have regulator rebuilt again... IF it has blown diaphragm its probably just old tired material in diaphragm. IT does not make any of the metal parts or gauges defective.... Suggest you have conversation with professionals about your regulator....

Last edited:
   / Help with regulator #3  
Needle and seat could have stuck in the reg too. Once you get going try to open the 02 valve slowly as to not blast the internals with 2000# of instant pressure.