Oil & Fuel Help with oil pressure light???????

/ Help with oil pressure light??????? #1  

pearlmanz

Tractor
CC GT2542
My GT2542 just turned 50 hours of use and all of a sudden the oil presure light has started blinking. It does not stay on, just blinks on and off every 5-6 seconds and the LCD display says CHG OIL. I checked the oil thinking it was low but no problem there and I changed the oil at about 24 hours to get rid of the break in oil and changed the filter as well. I see in the manaul that you don't need to change the oil and filter again until 100 hours and the oil still looks very celan and clear. Is this a meter LCD malfunction or something the LCD and tractor are set to do after 50+ hours of use? This just started after the hour meter turned 50 hours. Since the manual does not say to change the oil until after 100 hours, I don't get this problem and I see nothing about this in the manual. Again, the oil pressure light does not stay on, it blinks on and off every 5-6 seconds and the LCD hour meter keeps reading out, chg oil??? Please help guys as the engine and tractor seem to be running fine...

/ Help with oil pressure light??????? #2  
It will keep blinking for about five more hours then shut off. There is no reset like an auto..

/ Help with oil pressure light??????? #3  
Option 1. Unscrew the oil pressure sender, install a tee with oil gage, and reinstall the oil sender. Then you will have a visual of the correct condition. You can leave the gage installed or remove it and plug the fitting.

Option 2. If you know what the oil pressure should be on that engine, and if you have an air compressor, turn the pressure down to about 30/40, and apply air pressure to the sender to check if it is working

/ Help with oil pressure light??????? #4  
I have a 6284 and recently had exactly the same experience. I'm sure that this is a designed function, but I do find it annoying even though I understand the intended purpose. It would be nice to have a means of resetting it since I have already changed the oil and filter and would like to get rid of the annoyance.

I currently have approaching 53 hours and it is still flashing the light and message so I think MOE1942 is right (I sure hope so). Since there appears to be no way to reset the feature I do wish they would shorten the period that it flashes to no more than one or two hours. Any moron that has not figured out they need to change the oil after that amount of time probably will never get it anyhow.

JN

/ Help with oil pressure light??????? #5  
Mine went on at 50 hours and hasn't stopped blinking since. I now have 140 hours on it.

/ Help with oil pressure light??????? #6  
Try disconnecting the battery, and any back up battery for the LCD for 1 min. Just might work like the check engine light on cars

/ Help with oil pressure light??????? #7  
If the light keeps blinking and it's under warranty you know what to do.

/ Help with oil pressure light??????? #8  
My flashing oil pressure light and change oil reminder just stopped flashing at 52.9 hours (thankfully). So it appears that it is programmed to flash for just under 2 operating hours and then stop. I don't mind at all that they have programmed this feature into the tractor but to me the 2 hour duration is rather annoying.

JN