Backhoe Help With Backhoe for DK45S - Fabricating Bradco or Woods Subframe?

/ Help With Backhoe for DK45S - Fabricating Bradco or Woods Subframe? #1  

ThisJustin

Tractor
Kioti DK45S
I know this topic has come up before and I've searched through the forum but haven't found quite what I was looking for:

I'm considering backhoe options for my DK45S, I've looked at a lot of options and the Woods BH90-X is my favorite but I have yet to find a used BH90X and I'm not shelling out $10K+ for a new one. In fact, any respectable manufacturers are now asking that much for a 9 hoe around these parts and that's without a subframe. I'd rather get a hoe for my machine but for $10K+, I'd sooner go buy an old 580C to dig holes.

There seems to be a glut of Bradco hoes around here in the $4K-$6K range, particularly Bradcos with skid steer mounting frames so I'm been seriously considering getting a Bradco 609 or 611. I called Bradco to see if I could get a subframe from them and they do make (or did make) a subframe for my machine but it's made for the KL1590 Loader and I have the KL451 Loader. Additionally, the Bradco Rep. said that procuring the subframe would be expensive and I'd have as much money into the subframe as I would the hoe itself. He sent me the part numbers I would need and drawings of the subframe for the KL1590:
108550 TR Half Kit
108565 BH Half Kit

I haven't had the chance to dig into the older Woods backhoe options yet but I plan to do that. There are several BH9000s around here for about the same price as the Bradcos, I'm going to call Woods and see if they make a subframe for my tractor and what the cost would be. Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

I don't have the knowledge or workshop to fabricate a subframe myself but I do have friends who fabricate for a living that I could pay to help out and I'm an engineer and work in a steel mill so I think I could pull this off if I need to.

Questions:
1. Would the Bradco 611 be too much from my tractor?
2. Would a bracket made for the KL1590 loader work on the KL451 loader?
3. Would the cab on my tractor be an issue for mounting a backhoe? I rarely see DK45S with backhoes
attached.
4. Anyone have any pictures of subframes they're made for their DK45S or similar?
5. Anyone put a Woods BH9000 on their DK45S or similar?
6. Anyone have DK45S pictures with a backhoe?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Drawing 1.PNGDrawing 2.PNG

20190426_190500.jpg20190428_165649 (1).jpg

/ Help With Backhoe for DK45S - Fabricating Bradco or Woods Subframe? #2  
Did you make any progress on mounting a backhoe on your tractor? I am in a similar situation with my NH Boomer 8N. I figure I'll buy a backhoe then design up a subframe. I see a really nice Kubota BH90 nearby but got to thinking a Bradco 611 might be better. The 611 covers me for mounting if I decide to pick up a skid steer in the future. Look like the Bradco is a little bigger and heavier. I'm not too worried about the slight weight increase.

/ Help With Backhoe for DK45S - Fabricating Bradco or Woods Subframe? #3  
The 611 would be a lot of backhoe for the Boomer. Could it work? Sure, but it would be capable of applying forces that the tractor might not tolerate in the long run. The Kubota hoe would probably be a better match for the tractor. The comparable Bradco hoe would be a 509, I think.

/ Help With Backhoe for DK45S - Fabricating Bradco or Woods Subframe? #4  
I have a Bradco 509 and subframe that was attached to my 3510 Mahindra, I sold that tractor but kept the backhoe and subframe. I bought a Kioti RX6010 and modified the subframe to fit the Kioti and it works perfect. If you can find a used subframe and do some mods it may be a viable option.

/ Help With Backhoe for DK45S - Fabricating Bradco or Woods Subframe? #5  
I'll have to do a new post if I make any good progress. This possible project will take some time to develop.

I just looked at a pristine Kubota BH90. Barely used and kept inside (detatched) all its life. Has two buckets but only the narrow 20211212_154337.jpg12" has been used. The guy could have sold it by now if he'd include a subframe. Hard to sell otherwise. I haven't found the specs yet but the BH92 is advertised at 1,800 lbs. The Bradco 611 is at 1,847 lbs. I should have taken more measurements on the BH90 - the cylinders do look fairly small. It was bought with a L3130. Asking price has been $5k for some weeks.

I see pretty nice Bradco 609's and 611's in the $4-5k range. More tempting as an old Kubota backhoe without mounts isn't very sellable nor can you easily attach to a skid steer. I'll try to check out a 611 this coming weekend then decide. After looking at the Bradco subframe drawing above, I think the BH90 might be easier to mount but I'll have to see one first. Since it sounds Bradco is pretty helpful with drawings, I'll check with them for a subframe drawing. Might get useful dimensions out of them.

/ Help With Backhoe for DK45S - Fabricating Bradco or Woods Subframe? #6  
I'll have to do a new post if I make any good progress. This possible project will take some time to develop.

I just looked at a pristine Kubota BH90. Barely used and kept inside (detatched) all its life. Has two buckets but only the narrow View attachment 72491912" has been used. The guy could have sold it by now if he'd include a subframe. Hard to sell otherwise. I haven't found the specs yet but the BH92 is advertised at 1,800 lbs. The Bradco 611 is at 1,847 lbs. I should have taken more measurements on the BH90 - the cylinders do look fairly small. It was bought with a L3130. Asking price has been $5k for some weeks.

I see pretty nice Bradco 609's and 611's in the $4-5k range. More tempting as an old Kubota backhoe without mounts isn't very sellable nor can you easily attach to a skid steer. I'll try to check out a 611 this coming weekend then decide. After looking at the Bradco subframe drawing above, I think the BH90 might be easier to mount but I'll have to see one first. Since it sounds Bradco is pretty helpful with drawings, I'll check with them for a subframe drawing. Might get useful dimensions out of them.
Where are you located? I'm actually looking for a BH90 or 92 if you don't go that route.

Sent from my SM-G715U1 using TractorByNet mobile app