Help, questions on 695 Case International MFD

/ Help, questions on 695 Case International MFD #1  

Liberty

I hope someone here can help me I have looked at a
695, it is MFD with a Koyker 210 loader, clean (probably a repaint, but very nice) it says
2700 hours, cab tractor. Price is $18500 I spoke to a
dealer he says it is possibly a tractor made for European
market. He says this becuse shifter is on left side of seat,
it has head lights in the grill. Does anyone know if it is
and how would I identify it? It has large tires, looks like
most US Case tractors. If it was a European tractor
what is the downside, what are parts issues?
What is the value of tractor? Please give me any direction
that you can, thanks.

/ Help, questions on 695 Case International MFD #2  
The Case IH 695 is a US issue and they all had the shift on the left. The chassis uses an D-239 engine that was used back into the early 70's and proved to be quite relaible as well as the chassis which actually was the first type of shuttle transmission used as standard equipment in farm tractors. By the time they got to the 695 there was also other choices that also complemented the series. It was a successful design and used thru the 674-685-695 series and over twenty years with only minor modifications.

/ Help, questions on 695 Case International MFD
Thanks for the help, any ideas as to value? Liberty

/ Help, questions on 695 Case International MFD #4  
Make sure you check TA, if so eqipped and park brake. It has it's own band and drum inside tranny and is a bit of a pain to fix. Price is a little on high end unless fresh rebuild. Do a web search on CaseIH 695MFD and get an idea on $. I think the tractor was still around under the 4210 name until late 90s.

Thanks for your ideas on the brake, I'm new to the forum
what is the TA? Liberty

/ Help, questions on 695 Case International MFD #6  
There was a newer model yet that was also the same chassis. The emergency brake is a band style and is a transmission style and easily overpowered by the engine in the lower gears by inexperienced operators often left on and ruined while operating. It does require quite a bit of labor to replace. The tractor that you are in question of might not have the TA which is operated by a toggle switch on the dash. It's long or full name is torque amplifier which gives a lower gear for more power.

Thanks for the note on the TA, this tractor has a flip
switch to lock in the MFD, but it does have a switch on
the right side of dash, it looks like a self installation,
I can't tell what it is or does. How would I check the
TA, and where is the switch? Thanks Liberty

/ Help, questions on 695 Case International MFD #8  
If Iremember right, switch is on left. Another way to tell is gear setup. If it has shuttle reverse on column, it's not TA. If it has 8/4 it could be. The TA gives you 16/8.
I'd ask the owner about TA and get him to show you around the tractor. I'd be leary of anyone who doesn't take time with you. If it has TA you need to drive tractor and flip switch, and you will feel noticeable drop to lower gear. Check for any slip. It's difficult to completely check without load.