HELP me find a SCREW! CK3510 H SE, FEL joystick grip handle retaining screw

/ HELP me find a SCREW! CK3510 H SE, FEL joystick grip handle retaining screw #1  

dtrosch

Tractor
Kioti CK 3510 SE HST
Hey all,

Thanks for looking. I've got a 1 year old CK3510 out on some property about an hour away from home. I'm grooming the land for a retirement home someday.

Yesterday, while clearing brush and light dirt moving, the screw that retains the knob at the end of the FEL joystick worked itself loose. This is the 2nd time it happened, but this time I couldn't find the screw.

I emailed the parts guy at the Kioti dealership where I bought the tractor (another hour further away). He told me he would have to order the knob as well as the screw. Total plus shipping would be around $30.

GRIP PART# T5855-57912 $28.37
SCREW PART# 03016-50616 $.79

When I google the part numbers, I came up with Kubota and not Kioti screws.

Does anyone have any recommendations on where I can source just the screw?

Alternatively, can anyone provide the dimensions so I can try and match length, diameter, and threads with something from my hardware store or Rural King?

I appreciate any help you all might have. (Yes, I will use loctite when I put it back together!)

Thanks in advance--Dave

Untitled.jpg
View attachment 652306

Last edited:
   / HELP me find a SCREW! CK3510 H SE, FEL joystick grip handle retaining screw #2  
try michigan iron

screw.jpg

some kind of M6 bolt x 1.0

you can try home depot if you dont mind waiting in line :(

/ HELP me find a SCREW! CK3510 H SE, FEL joystick grip handle retaining screw
Thank you! I was on that website looking earlier this AM, but didn't think to look in the chassis section. I was in the hydro section and attachments. I saw the valves, but didn't see the joystick!

The screenshot helped immensely!

No home depot for me--I'll order a couple right now!

Thanks again! Dave:thumbsup:

EDIT: Wow! $20 for shipping! Gonna call them and see if they can just toss some in an envelope!

/ HELP me find a SCREW! CK3510 H SE, FEL joystick grip handle retaining screw #4  
Ace hardware usually has a good selection of small metric screws. Just in case ur not familiar with metric designation M6x1.0 means 6 millimeters in diameter with a thread pitch of 1.0 millimeter.

Thanks for the info! I wasn't familiar with how that translates. Makes sense. I'll try my local hardware store, then ACE. :thumbsup:

/ HELP me find a SCREW! CK3510 H SE, FEL joystick grip handle retaining screw #6  
Man, you guys are better than me! I usually go through my bolt/screw collection until I find one that fits. It's usually the last one I'd ever pick up after sorting through the entire pile. ;)

/ HELP me find a SCREW! CK3510 H SE, FEL joystick grip handle retaining screw #7  
Now, is it a set screw, a socket head cap screw, or ???

/ HELP me find a SCREW! CK3510 H SE, FEL joystick grip handle retaining screw #8  
You are looking for an M6-1.0 x 16mm long. We have it in stock if you would like us to ship it.20200424_072645.jpg

You guys are the best!

Ruffdog, the screw head is a Phillips, and if I remember correctly, it screws through the grip into an indentation in the metal joystick. I don't remember if the joystick hole has threads, grip is threaded, or both. Perrypower posted a photo above this post of the screw.

Perrypower, thank you very much, but not needed right now. With AWSubie's info I went to my local hardware store and bought 3 sizes of M6-1.0 they had, and the longest is 16mm (all for about a buck).

Additionally, after my post, I emailed back and forth with the dealer parts guy some more. He ordered me the correct screw only, and I'll follow through and buy it even if the hardware store screw fits. They treated me well on the purchase and my 50hr filter order, and I want to give them my parts business first shot when I can. I'll keep you in mind for my next order if Rockingham is out of stock or I have trouble. Thanks for the offer and looking it up and posting a pic.

/ HELP me find a SCREW! CK3510 H SE, FEL joystick grip handle retaining screw #10  
You guys are the best!

Ruffdog, the screw head is a Phillips, and if I remember correctly, it screws through the grip into an indentation in the metal joystick. I don't remember if the joystick hole has threads, grip is threaded, or both. Perrypower posted a photo above this post of the screw.

Perrypower, thank you very much, but not needed right now. With AWSubie's info I went to my local hardware store and bought 3 sizes of M6-1.0 they had, and the longest is 16mm (all for about a buck).

Additionally, after my post, I emailed back and forth with the dealer parts guy some more. He ordered me the correct screw only, and I'll follow through and buy it even if the hardware store screw fits. They treated me well on the purchase and my 50hr filter order, and I want to give them my parts business first shot when I can. I'll keep you in mind for my next order if Rockingham is out of stock or I have trouble. Thanks for the offer and looking it up and posting a pic.

Glad you were able to figure it out!