Help a damsel wash her PT

/ Help a damsel wash her PT #1  

deadstick

Silver Member
Tractor
PT-425
Sorry I couldn't resist /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif.....

Anyway, I really want to clean my PT once I reach 50hrs. How is everyone else doing it? I've been moving alot of dirt so have it everywhere... I'd love to just pressure wash it away but am hesitant because I don't want to cause any problems /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif... There was a BX thread stating that there starter does not work anymore after washing, so I want to avoid stuff like this....

/ Help a damsel wash her PT #2  
just leave alone the very top of the engine ... we wash ours at least once a week after mowing some 20- 30 acres ... lot's of dust is created by the two kunz wing mowers with side discharge.

/ Help a damsel wash her PT #3  
I've just been blowing mine out with compressed air and wiping it down with a damp cloth. I finally bought some simple green cleaner yesterday, but forgot to buy a spray bottle to mix it in. It does get very dusty.

Every 8 hours I blow it out, air cleaner, pre filter and hydraulic cooler as well. Then I wash it down with a damp cloth, then grease it up. Takes about a half an hour.

/ Help a damsel wash her PT #4  
MossRoad, are you cleaning the underside of the mower deck?
Scrape or hose down?
PJ

/ Help a damsel wash her PT #5  
I raise it all the way up and tip it back a little. Then I set a concrete block under the middle of it in case it falls. I never get my body uner the deck, but that block should give me some room to get out if I accidently get under it(unless I get pinched between the block and the deck, which isn't likely). This gives me a little over 3 feet to work with. Very comfortable.

I use a garden hoe upside down and scrape it off while it is still wet. Then I hose it off. Works pretty good, if you ask me. Sure beats the old lawn mower or brush hog on a 3pt, that's for sure /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Did I mention that I really like this machine? /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

/ Help a damsel wash her PT #6  
I just spray it with simple green and hose it off lightly.