Hello from Central California

/ Hello from Central California #1  

teachag295

Tractor
Ford 1700, Ford Jubilee
I have browsed here off and on over the years when I have been looking for specific information and finally signed up to ask for advice on an elusive problem I'm having with my Ford 1700.

I am an agriculture mechanics teacher from rural Central California. I am also a reserve firefighter and hobby farmer.

I enjoy spending time with my kids, tinkering in the shop, and spending time outdoors. Not only do I do metal fabrication, but I also enjoy woodworking.

My three boys spend a good deal of time with me in the shop at home. My oldest son who is 10 years old knows how to change the oil and do brakes. My middle son is 8 years old can rotate tires, do brakes, and knows how to use most of the woodworking tools. I will not let him use my table saws but he uses miter saws, planers, drills, sanders, and other similar tools. My youngest son, helps sanding projects and has even done some pocket joinery with a drill and jig. All of them have at least help clean and rebuild carburetors and my older two rebuild a carburetor for a mini excavator by themselves. My daughter is only a year so she is too young to start working on stuff but we bring her out in the shop sometimes and she enjoys hanging out with all of us. She is strong and advanced for her age and seems to want to do anything her brothers are part of so I have no doubt that she will be in the shop before you know it. Time flies way too fast. I have a passion for teaching people usable skills.

Thanks for a great website with a wealth of information. Hopefully I will be able to contribute some useful advice in the future and give back a bit.

Ps. I'm using voice to text on my phone and in a spot where I don't have a chance to proofread so please ignore any typos

/ Hello from Central California #2  
Welcome to TBN, love those old Fords.

/ Hello from Central California #3  
Welcome to TBN from the other coast line...enjoy.

/ Hello from Central California #5  
We're happy to have you as an official member!

/ Hello from Central California #7  
3032514546.gif

and enjoy the forum!