Hello! Could use a little help with my new-to-me Case IH 685 with 2250 loader

/ Hello! Could use a little help with my new-to-me Case IH 685 with 2250 loader #1  

Alabass

Tractor
Case IH 685
Looking for some help with a few issues, hopefully nothing serious. First off, the hazard lights and turn signals do not flash. When I turn on the right or left turn indicator, the opposite lamp turns on solid as it is supposed to but no flashing lights. Is there a flasher module that can be replaced, if so, where is it located? Next is a loader issue. The raise and lower boom controls are backwards. If I push the lever forward, the boom goes up. If I pull it back, the boom goes down. This is opposite what it is supposed to do. How can I resolve this? Finally, I have read that these tractors need to have a coolant filter system added to them for longevity. Is this correct and where would I find something like this?

Thanks for any help. I'm not a farmer, just a fabricator. I got this tractor to use to unload steel and move stuff around.

/ Hello! Could use a little help with my new-to-me Case IH 685 with 2250 loader #2  
I’m sure there is a flasher.

Those loaders often have quick disconnects at the valve just swap them around to get the valve orientation you want.

You can test / monitor the coolant and swap it out to prevent cavitation of the wet sleeve liners.

If you get a coolant filter make sure i has the additive in it as some coolant filters don’t have it.

/ Hello! Could use a little help with my new-to-me Case IH 685 with 2250 loader
I checked the quick connects on the loader and I can’t swap them since one is a male and the other is a female they won’t interchange.

/ Hello! Could use a little help with my new-to-me Case IH 685 with 2250 loader #4  
I checked the quick connects on the loader and I can’t swap them since one is a male and the other is a female they won’t interchange.
+
Somebody "fixed" it in the past,, get out the wrenches,, it will only take 15 minutes to swap fittings,,,

BPh0tCI.jpg

+
Somebody "fixed" it in the past,, get out the wrenches,, it will only take 15 minutes to swap fittings,,,

BPh0tCI.jpg
That occurred to me. Just wanted someone to confirm it. Thanks

/ Hello! Could use a little help with my new-to-me Case IH 685 with 2250 loader #6  
Looking for some help with a few issues, hopefully nothing serious. First off, the hazard lights and turn signals do not flash. When I turn on the right or left turn indicator, the opposite lamp turns on solid as it is supposed to but no flashing lights. Is there a flasher module that can be replaced, if so, where is it located? Next is a loader issue. The raise and lower boom controls are backwards. If I push the lever forward, the boom goes up. If I pull it back, the boom goes down. This is opposite what it is supposed to do. How can I resolve this? Finally, I have read that these tractors need to have a coolant filter system added to them for longevity. Is this correct and where would I find something like this?

Thanks for any help. I'm not a farmer, just a fabricator. I got this tractor to use to unload steel and move stuff around.

2250 should have quick connects for each hose (4) so the loader can be removed. If it's been "fixed" to not do this, than yes, swap hoses with wrenches.

There is a flasher under the dash, follow the wiring from the switch, should be visible when you remove the battery door on the hood.

Coolant filter optional, just keep your coolant changed and don't worry. Have a small version currently on the farm, no coolant filter from new. water pump replaced and rad redone in 30 years, no cavitation issues.

/ Hello! Could use a little help with my new-to-me Case IH 685 with 2250 loader #7  
Nice tractor in pic

2250 should have quick connects for each hose (4) so the loader can be removed. If it's been "fixed" to not do this, than yes, swap hoses with wrenches.

There is a flasher under the dash, follow the wiring from the switch, should be visible when you remove the battery door on the hood.

Coolant filter optional, just keep your coolant changed and don't worry. Have a small version currently on the farm, no coolant filter from new. water pump replaced and rad redone in 30 years, no cavitation issues.
It does have quick connections but one was male and the other female. I swapped the connections on the hoses and reconnected, works fine now.
I pulled the side cover from the dash. The turn signal switch and flasher unit are combined in one unit with seven wires going to it. I ordered a replacement from Messicks. Hopefully they will be able to provide one.
I’m going to drain the radiator and fill with fresh antifreeze since I don’t know how long it has been since it was done.
Thanks